Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Automotive Labeling Requirements for LH and RH Parts

D

dttum

I hope to find treasure when digging this old thread.

We are implementing an improvement project to mitigate the risk of mislabeling LH and RH parts in which we assign colors, particularly Pink for LH and Blue for RH, to all the tools and items including the labels. My question is if it is nonconforming to AIAG requirement when we use those background-color-filled labels? Will it be a problem with OEMs such as our current customers: Chrysler, GM, Toyota, VW,...

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Automotive Labeling Requirements - B8 & B10 - Creating Compliant Shipping Labels

AIAG does not establish requirements. You need to inquire with your Customers to find out if this type of labeling is acceptable. Most automotive Customers have strict labeling and identification requirements. Have you checked the Customer Specific Requirements (CSRs)?

P

PaulJSmith

I agree with all of the above comments, and will add that just because your customer doesn't expressly forbid it in their contracts and/or drawings doesn't mean it's OK. Always check with them first. Your color codes may mean something entirely different in their facilities.

I hope to find treasure when digging this old thread.

We are implementing an improvement project to mitigate the risk of mislabeling LH and RH parts in which we assign colors, particularly Pink for LH and Blue for RH, to all the tools and items including the labels. My question is if it is nonconforming to AIAG requirement when we use those background-color-filled labels? Will it be a problem with OEMs such as our current customers: Chrysler, GM, Toyota, VW,...
I presume that this potential issue comes from a P-Fmea, so if you think to put a control you can decide on your side. If there is a customer requirement , you shall meet it.:bigwave:

Top Bottom