SBS - The best value in QMS software

Average Run Length (Student Question)

M

myke74

Hello,

i'm doing exercises about the average run length, and i'm watching at these two that i attached in the docx file.

Could someone told me where i can find the table for the function "φ" used in the exercises?

thanks

jack

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

myke74

Hi,

i studied on the book OC cruves and ARL, but there aren't exercises related to these topics and i have some difficulty to find them on the web.

Could someone help me posting an exercise useful for realize if i understood these topics?

Thank you very much,

Jack.

D

Darius

Could someone told me where i can find the table for the function "φ" used in the exercises?
where?...,anywhere ...:D
If you have Excel, you can obtain it

function "φ"= Accumulative Normal distribution to use Z values or NormS distribution (for short).

If you have Excel in English is sort of:

=+NORM.S.DIST(-0.21,TRUE)

note: so almost any statistical book could have Normal distribution chart, but it could be easer to use Excel

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T What is Average Run Length & Average Production Length when used in Control Charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
B How many nonconformances have you received on average during IATF audits? General Auditing Discussions 24
L Uncertainty calculation for an average Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
qualprod Best approach to get a real value as average? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M What is the average time needed for process documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Average and standard deviation of Cumulative Data Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
P Average access height into an industrial machine (average base plate height) Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 2
P Average Peel Strength - Interpretation of BS EN 868-5:2018 and ASTM F0088/F0088M Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
Proud Liberal How long does your company take to close an 8D on average? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 12
L How to interpret the average R bar Value shown in the R Chart Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
M Cp & Cpk about a diameter measured with min.,max. and average values. Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
J0anne GCC Submissions - Average review time for SGH qualification files Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 11
K Average height of adults by sex by state Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 10
M What is the difference between X Bar - R Charts and Average Chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
F Statistical Comparison of Product: High Average vs. Low Range Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
G Improve final GR&R value by taking average of more measurements? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
K Can I do an average measurement values for a sample? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M MSA 4 - Results of GR&R Study using Range & Average Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
T Counting the Average Times of Alarms in a Process using Minitab Using Minitab Software 5
Q How to determine the average baseline for the following data in SPC Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
D Rounding Numbers - Adding numbers in Excel - I want the average Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
T Bias & Linearity Study - How to calculate the P value for the Average Bias Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
G Product Returns are above average for Labeling Problems Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R GR&R (Gage R&R) - Average Range Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
B XbarR or EMWA (Expontionally Weighted Moving Average) or MA Chart - Which to Use Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
R What is the Sigma Level of the Average Company? Six Sigma 11
Stijloor Toyota drags down new-vehicle quality average World News 9
P ISO 27001 Controls - Industry average % IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
Stijloor The ARMA (Autoregressive Moving Average) Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
D Influence of the Coverage Factor - Worksheets based on the Average and Range Method Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
B To IMR or Moving Average chart now that's the question! Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
M Inferences from Distribution? (Average per hour/the average pay of the staff) Six Sigma 2
O Average Life Cycle Duration for a large number of medical equipment types Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
Randy US Average Hourly Employee Cost Career and Occupation Discussions 3
K Calculating Control Limits in Average and Range Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C What does the average employee need to know about the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B Control Chart - Minimum point & average insulation thickness for Automotive Wires Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
DanteCaspian 5S Workplace Average for those that score 5 S Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
T Monitoring a shift of the average in an SPC chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
C Is Parts/Process Average Testing SPC by Another Name? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
D Average fill label - "e" Mark, probably a UK specific requirement. Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
D Queuing System - Calculating Average Arrival Rate λ Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
W Advice on the best way to approach a double moving average using Minitab 15 Using Minitab Software 3
K Average Salary for Quality Personnel? Career and Occupation Discussions 12
E Moving Range Average Calculation in Excel (in a single cell only). Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 9
S Average Cost of ISO 13485 Registration in US ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
D How to Measure a Diameter - Average or Maximum/Minimum? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 25
D When to Create a New Baseline Average for a Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2