Avitars, Icons, Smilies and Such

A

Al Dyer

The more I see the more I like

I finally got around to checking out all the features and love it! I'm sure there are features that aren't even turned on yet that keep the forum healthy, useful, and fun!

How about the emoticons!

Anybody else wan't them?:D

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Jim,

I think I used the wrong word, are they called ?avitons? The ones we can choose to show up under our names and posts.

Help!!!

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I addressed avitars in a recent thread. As I said, I understand the concept but for now they're turned off. It involves getting pictures uploaded and 'pathed'. I think people can even upload their own picture (which is then reduced in size). It's not on my 'immediate' list. All they are is little pictures that you choose which show under your name. Nothing to get excited about.

J

Jim Biz

Happy Happy !

Marc: Checked out the link - Glad it's not on your immediate list
:D

Thinking .... a pic of a bald - old guy on a message board would sacre away most posters :rolleyes:

BUT will haave digital pics avaliable of a couple real good lookng Pinto/Paint colts pretty soon :cool:

Warmest Regards!!
Jim

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Right now I'm sorta monitoring. This is all pretty scarry - I still feel a bit overwhelmed with this new software - it is so far beyond UltimateBB. If everything goes well for a month or so I'll probably get the Avatars together and turned on. If I can say anything about UltimateBB (it was a pretty nice system all in all) I can say it was stable and didn't require much maintenance. Never had a crash or other 'disaster'.

By then you should have a good picture for us! :D

E

energy

Re: Happy Happy !

Originally posted by Jim Biz

Thinking .... a pic of a bald - old guy on a message board would sacre away most posters :rolleyes:
Jim, that description will fit a few of us. As for the animals in lieu of people, now that's scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Just to help 'troubleshoot'... Hey energy - no big deal but lately when you post you're 'attaching your signature' by checking the "...Show Signature: include your profile signature..." check box in the Options: block AND you're also typing your name on posts as well. Doesn't matter to me but it does look strange. :p

Marc

----------------------------------
Marc

E

energy

Not me!

Hey, Me strange? You betcha. Just a habit from the old system. Gotta member to not do dat!
Tanks. This better?:cool:

Top Bottom