Awareness Training Presentation for 9001:2008

S

Sweetsue28uk

I have presented a high level presentation to the top management in my company on ISO 9001: 2008 and now I want to cascade down an awareness program to the masses. I realise that this will have to be tailored to them or otherwise, it could be a bit boring.

Does anyone have any presentations that they have created and which proved successful to get the buy in of staff.

I don't want to overpower them with the detail but with the reality of how it will affect them and the buy in needed from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sue

AndyN

Moved On
Sue, can I ask.....why?

Have you identified, in some way, that your folks need this? Why not just make it a 'educational' quarter to half hour. 'We're doing ISO and this is what it is", kinda thing. I wouldn't 'train' people on it.

Is that what you're thinking?

S

Sweetsue28uk

Sorry that is what I meant - an educational this is what it is. People where I work are very against change and updating processes has already been an uphill struggle - I am faced with the constant we are too busy.

I thought if I could show them how this would ultimately benefit them, and get them to feed back into the whole process, it would make my job alot easier.

I don't want it to be too high level as they are IT technicians and quickly bored.

Sue

AndyN

Moved On
Sue:

I'm not sure it will, if their management don't 'get it'. You might be better off saving time and working with management to ensure they walk the talk....the peeps will probably take more notice, if their boss does....

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Attachments

• Employee awareness from NASA.ppt
    133 KB · Views: 1,129

noelb

Starting to get Involved
SweetSue would it be possible to get a copy of your Executive ISO presentation? We are currently in a start up phase of a new manufacturing facility and I would like to make sure that the top level managers know and understand what will be required of them on our journey to ISO certification.

Randy

Super Moderator
Sorry that is what I meant - an educational this is what it is. People where I work are very against change and updating processes has already been an uphill struggle - I am faced with the constant we are too busy.

I thought if I could show them how this would ultimately benefit them, and get them to feed back into the whole process, it would make my job alot easier.

I don't want it to be too high level as they are IT technicians and quickly bored.

Sue

I struggle with the problem of change. Change what? There isn't any requirement for change, and in all honesty if one should take the time to actually look at what is already being done and compare that to 9001 one could probably see that what needs to be, already is.

Besides, what do employees really need to know about 5.whatever, and 7.who-cares?

All employees really, really need to know is what is relevant to them and their individual duties.

As for the rest, most of the time about as useful as lipstick on a chicken.

T

tyker

I struggle with the problem of change. Change what? There isn't any requirement for change, and in all honesty if one should take the time to actually look at what is already being done and compare that to 9001 one could probably see that what needs to be, already is.

Besides, what do employees really need to know about 5.whatever, and 7.who-cares?

All employees really, really need to know is what is relevant to them and their individual duties.

As for the rest, most of the time about as useful as lipstick on a chicken.

Presumably the requirement for change has come from within the organization. Or perhaps from the continual improvement requirement of ISO 9001 - you can't improve without changing something.

You may be right about what employees "really need to know" but I thought the old "treat 'em like mushrooms" (kept in the dark and fed on bullsh!t) attitude had died out. I like to know what's going on in my company and I try to keep my people informed too, even if they're not directly affected. (You may also be about to get a lecture from Wes on the subject of Deming and SOPK.)

Sue, I don't have a presentation to help you but would support the previous posts calling for management buy in. In my experience, if you don't have a manager present and actively supporting you, you're on a loser.

Randy

Super Moderator
Of course I have presentations that I cannot share, but here's the deal.....Almost without fail when I deliver an "Awareness" type piece to the average, hourly worker, what I get is they couldn't care less about clauses, shalls, and all that othe dribble, all they really want to know is "What do I have to do? What's in it for me? and Why should I care?"

Training should start out something like "We are having to use a different way that we used in the past to make our customers happy and here is how we plan to do it, how you can help us, why it's important to us and why it's important to you......" And leave all the shall and who-really-gives-a=krap stuff out of it.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
You may be right about what employees "really need to know" but I thought the old "treat 'em like mushrooms" (kept in the dark and fed on bullsh!t) attitude had died out. I like to know what's going on in my company and I try to keep my people informed too, even if they're not directly affected. (You may also be about to get a lecture from Wes on the subject of Deming and SOPK.)

There's a difference between what you use in a presentation and deliberately hiding things from the rank-and-file, and I don't think anyone is suggesting the latter strategy. I've said it before: it should be possible, and perhaps beneficial, to achieve compliance and even registration to ISO 9001 without anyone but a few people even knowing that ISO 9001 exists.

Achievement of compliance shouldn't be an "ISO project." It should be an improvement effort, and everyone should know what part they play in the process, and how what they do affects others and the final product. Outside of that, everything else is needless complication.

As far as Deming and SoPK are concerned, "profound" is as profound does. It's not the knowledge per se that's profound, its how the knowledge is used.

Top Bottom