Back from Europe, no thanks to BA

J

JaneB

I'm back from a sabbatical in Europe - France (the Riviera & Provence), Spain (Costa Brava to Barcelona), a bit of Italy, Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh & Perth, no not the one in Australia) and Kent near Tunbridge Wells, since you ask.
Ate very well (and far too much & too often) and had a hooray time, with no ash problems. Just BA staff on strike, which meant instead of flying London - Edinburgh we did London to Perth in a bus in a single day, which was a 10 hour trip and very looonnnggg. (Though interesting as the scenery changed from green and gentle rolling downs in the south to the dales in Yorkshire and eventually the Scots mountains). Now I just need to get over the jetlag. :tg:

Randy

Super Moderator
The very last thing I do is fly when I don't have to. I take sabbaticals in my back yard.

J

JaneB

Cheers, guys.

Randy, I understand. But now I don't regularly travel for work, it's good to go away. Besides, if I did it in the back yard, I'd see all the stuff that needs doing and might have to do something about it. :lol:

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Jane - nice to hear you are back and glad you enjoyed your trip. Hopefully you got some of our reasonable weather whilst you were here - as you know, it doesn't happen often or last long. :cool:

Randy

Super Moderator
Cheers, guys.

Randy, I understand. But now I don't regularly travel for work, it's good to go away. Besides, if I did it in the back yard, I'd see all the stuff that needs doing and might have to do something about it. :lol:

That's what my grandson and Judi are for:lol:

J

JaneB

Colin,
I had great weather most of the time I was there, which was lovely! Especially in Scotland - it was mid 20s in Edinburgh and sunny, sunny, sunny, so you could see all the way to the Firth of Forth from Edinburgh Castle, under a bright blue sky. SUperb!

Not quite so good down in Kent, but even then there were several lovely balmy days. And there's just nothing to beat England on a balmy day, surrounded by the green, green, green, a hunmdred (thousand?) different shades of green in trees and meadows and dales and hedges... Loved it. Back to winter here, and out come the woollies and on goes the electric blanket at night.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Welcome back Jane! :bigwave:

I am visiting with my sister in the Seattle area right now - brought my two adult kids to get away, mess around a little, hold a memorial for Mom/Grandma, and on the way back, to move my Boomerang Kid daughter back from Rochester to home in Maine - to start again: get job, sign up for school, etc.

I haven't had a vacation per se in a few years. It's nice to get a change of scenery.

I can appreciate, Randy, that you would instead opt for your own scenery. I would too, if I was you. :agree1:

Top Bottom