Background of people in SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance)

V

venkat

Background of people in SQA

It is not clear why software quality assurance personnel must be having knowledge on programming languages, database concepts and other interconnected aspects. For any QA person before the product is certified finally he/she has to test the product as per the work instruction kept for testing and see that the product passes through.

Why then all these requirements?

Infact people who dont have software background will be able to test it properly without any assumptions

Can I have the views of others please

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

venkat,

Are you refering to a published quality standard/specification (ISO/QS/TS) and if so, which one?

Or is this a company requirement at your facility?

Just wanted some clarification so I can post a decent response.

ASD...

V

venkat

Generally all advertisements for Q.A even in USA specify that QA persons msut have programming skills to some level. You must be aware of this. QA ensures product qualty and also the quality system of the organisation. In this situation I feel that insisting on qualification for a particular product is not necessary. For example, to test a transformer one need not be an electrical engineer. A person with a basic degree in any branch will suffice and he can certify.

E

energy

Venkat,

I have yet to see a job advertisement for Quality positions requiring programming skills. They do ask for computer skills. This does not include programming. Programmers, for the most part, demand more compensation. That is unless you're a top gun Quality professional like Al D.
JMHO

energy

OOPS. I just noticed your original post. It mentions QA Software Personnel. Yes, they should have some programming knowledge. These people are not usually involved in physical product verification, as I know it. Their expertise is in "Software". There is a big difference.

[This message has been edited by energy (edited 15 June 2001).]

A

Al Dyer

V,

Let's think of it this way:

The employer decides what capabilities they require for any given position. They do this because they have a system that requires those qualifications.

If I, the employer, needs a gage calibration expert would I hire a person that has used a ruler in grade school and expect them to use instructions to calibrate a set of gage blocks? No

There are criteria for a base level of knowledge for all employment positions.

Not to muddy the waters, but this is free enterprise.

Energy,

Can I use your post to raise my price to current and future employers? ;)

ASD...

S

senergy

Absolutely...You are a hard worker and marc is lucky to have on his team. This is from home and I haven't figured out how to log in with my password. Must be that I need some "programming" schooling. Have a great weekend.
Energy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Background of Annex X section 1.1d of MDD 93/42/EEC EU Medical Device Regulations 74
T ISO 9001 Auditor Career without Quality Background? Career and Occupation Discussions 6
T With a Quality background, How high (designation) can you go in an organization? Career and Occupation Discussions 24
S How to Train People who have no ISO 9001:2000 Background (managerial level)? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
G Question on Historical Background on ISO 10012 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J CAPA History/Background Required - MSc Thesis on a CAPA System - Medical Devices Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
S Shainin DOE - Paired Comparison? Background of this theory? Binomial distribution? Six Sigma 16
A Cell Manufacturing - The background and use of "manufacturing cells" presentation Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
H No background/training at all with TS 16949 - How do I get started? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
G What Is Your Company's Head Honchos Background - Poll Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 28
U How to get Industry-Specific SQA Expertise Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
P Why does a SQA (Software Quality Assurance) standard be implemented in our company Software Quality Assurance 4
A What are the benefits of SQA (Supplier Quality Assurance)? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
J Laboratory Scope - Submitted a new PPAP for approval and the SQA rejected it General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
SteelMaiden Customer's Internal Audit - SQA - Supplier ISO 9001 Certificate Expired Internal Auditing 11
M CMMI (capability maturity model) vs. SQA (software quality assurance) vs. ISO 9001 Software Quality Assurance 2
R SQA in the medical field - Differences between WinXP Pro and WinXP Home Software Quality Assurance 2
C How to become a good SQA (Supplier Quality Engineer) - Seeking advice and resources Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
J Supplier CS1 Condition Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
L Supplier within the Organization ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
D Supplier Quality - How to classify a supplier level Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
F Supplier Quality Assurance Job Openings - 8/2020 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
P Understanding DFMEA and PFMEA - Supplier Related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S Can assembly manufacturing sub-supplier be certified IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
C One Time Service Supplier - Temperature and Humidity Testing Service ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Supplier Audits - Stop Wasting Everyone's Time! General Auditing Discussions 15
G Supplier management when the supplier is your headquarter IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Supplier wants to perform pre-qualifications prior to every run instead of locking in parameters. Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Minimum Supplier Certifications for Food Supplements Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
R Supplier/Vendor Surveys (360) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
was named killer AS9100 Supplier Approval Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
B AS9100 8.4.1 Supplier Selection/Evaluation criteria and reevaluations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
J Sub-supplier change from manual to automated process - same specs - Report to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Supplier Audit Report - Template for second party audit wanted Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Difference between a subcontractor and a supplier ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
Ed Panek Corona Virus impact on Supplier Audits and Received Parts ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
NDesouza Verification of Supplier RCCAs Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
L How to deal with an ISO 13485 Supplier Audit nonconformance ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
P Supplier Audits in the wake of COVID-19 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Vendor (Supplier) Evaluations and Reports Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 11
F Is there such a thing as 'Critical supplier' status under the Dept. of Health (UK)? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A MSA results differences - Supplier results vs. My results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
G Supplier flowdown verification of tests and revisions Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 0
B Supplier of design and manufacture process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Software for Supplier Charge back and internal PPM General Information Resources 2