SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Basic Internal Auditor Training Powerpoint File

M

mille1sj

Hello All,

I am new to the Cove and had a few questions. I have recently found myself in a situation that many others may ahve also experienced. Over the past few years, my position as the Quality Manager has continued to expand while my staff has been cut to nearly nothing. I have now found myself struggeling to get all of my internal audits completed on time. After speaking with the Executive Team, they have agreed to give me a few shared resources to assist with internal audits. many of the people have been involved in audits in the pst, but could use a refresher course, others have no audit experience at all.

Does anyone have a copy or know of where I could get a basic PowerPoint for internal auditor training? I have one that was passed down to me from a previous manager that is truely a bare bones presentation.

I am trying to avoid completely recreating a presesntation if possible.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Gmzita

Hi Steve -

You didn't say what standard you are auditing to but here are two auditing tools that I found on the web that I purchased and use -

http://www.informintl.com/videos.html - Internal auditing Basics (DVD & Learning Guide)

www.asq.org - The Internal Auditing Pocket Guide by JP Russell

Both of these are geared more towards ISO 9000 but I found the general basics to be applicable to our ISO 17025 program. I basically just tell the attendees that anytime the Narrator or book says ISO 9000 - think - ISO 17025.

They were pretty inexpensive and help with the basics.

The DVD/Learning Guide comes with an open book test that I use as documentation for the individual auditors training record. ;)

Good Luck.

Hello All,

I have now found myself struggling to get all of my internal audits completed on time.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Steve: I don't want to pour water on the idea of another auditor, but, maybe you should take a look at your audit scheduling first. Why are you struggling to do them? Are they taking too much time? Are you doing a system-wide audit each time. Are you doing too many audits?

Getting another person may not be the silver bullet you think it is...

M

mille1sj

It is an overall timing issue for me, I have four plants in three states that need to have audits completed. If I am not traveling, I am in meetings, I mnage the entire Quality Management System, so I also have to focus on my supplier issues, the gage/CMM group, product quality, etc. I can limit the audits I'm doing and adjust the schedule, but I see a lot of benefits from audits and would hate to reduce that.

Steve:

Are you sure a "refresher course" is going to do it? Would having someone come in and coach your auditors work better? Just going through a bunch of slides isn't going to be as effective - time wise and practically - as having a coach work on their skills and - at the same time - make the audits they do count for the overall audit program. It sounds like you don't have much time and a day in class may not be very helpful.

S

SuperGirl

I agree, but not for being time effective. There are many styles of learning, and sitting through slides may not be an effective learning tool for someone. Some people learn by hands on experience. You may want to also consider that.

I agree, but not for being time effective. There are many styles of learning, and sitting through slides may not be an effective learning tool for someone. Some people learn by hands on experience. You may want to also consider that.
Exactly! Learning styles are important and , as adults, most of us learn quickest by doing. Auditing is about skills and competency. Neither can be developed by reading (or hearing) a powerpoint slide presentation!

I recently obtained my motorcycle license and I read and watched countless videos on Youtube, on MSF websites, state motorcycle training books etc etc.

But it's NOTHING like getting on a bike and riding down the road - after 35 years of sitting in cars! Auditing is a bit like that, too!

G

gbcqc

That is why the internal classes I use to do included the standard and slides and part II was the actual audit to get the feel of having to ask the questions and review the evidence.

IMHO it is a two fold process, know the standard and know how to audit.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Basic Internal Calibration Procedure to check the Accuracy of a Balance Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
D Basic Requirements and Qualifications for ISO 9001 Internal Auditors ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Brand owner or manufacturer responsible for Basic UDI-DI and UDI-DI? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
N Help with basic understanding of Competence requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A GMDN Registration Basic preliminary Information EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Basic UDI and technical documentation EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C NB approval - Basic question about Notified Bodies and their role EU Medical Device Regulations 10
B Seven Basic Quality Tools (January 23) [Paid] Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
E Three basic questions about ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
rezayatmand IEC 60601-2-18 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-18: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of endoscopic equipmen IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
B Evaluation of Basic Safety during EMC Immunity or Climate Testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
A What is the difference between Basic UDI-DI and UDI-DI? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
J How to measure a Critical Characteristic that is a Basic Dimension Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
M EU Basic UDI-DI Trigger Points - When is a new Basic UDI-DI required EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Informational EU – MDCG 2018-1 v2 Guidance on basic UDI-DI and changes to UDI-DI Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F MDR 2017/745 Basic UDI-DI, UDI-DI & UDI-PI EU Medical Device Regulations 0
L Unacceptable risk for basic safety prior to or after mitigation? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N EU MDR Basic UDI-DI and Technical Documentation for Systems EU Medical Device Regulations 22
E Basic Risk based thinking questions Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 5
S Question about a basic additive variance/tolerance example Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
M Medical Device News EU – MDCG 2019-1 MDCG guiding principles for issuing entities rules on Basic UDI-DI Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Marc Basic - How to Start a New Discussion Thread Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
S Basic Dimension W/O using FCF Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
V Carbon Black (Master Batch) - Basic Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
G Setting Up a Basic Quality Lab for a small manufacturing company General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Basic Minitab Help - It's about Linear Regression Using Minitab Software 1
L Lean Book for Basic Knowledge Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
L Seeking help in Basic Maintenance Knowledge Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M "Basic Safety" versus "Essential Performance" IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
M Use of Excel and VBA (visual basic for applications) in quality systems Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
P Basic questions about earning TSOA (Technical Standard Order Authorization) and PMA Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
J Excel spreadsheet to use Basic and Mini MOST for Line Balancing Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
T How to report Basic Dimensions on a Dimensional Report (ISIR) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Basic ISO 13485 Training Material ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Basic Dimensions on Machining Prints Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Basic International Standards required for a Manufacturing Industry (Optical Media) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
L How to set up a basic electronic test equipment calibration laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
R Rejecting a Part when Dimension Feature is Basic Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
O Metrology Devices to Measure the Basic Dimensions of Plastic Specimens General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
F ISO 9001:2008 Fundamentals: Basic Questions - Controlled Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
E How can I measure three true positions? GD&T basic question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M SPC, Moving Range Chart and Weighted Graph Basic Questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
T Basic Document Control Database (Excel/Access) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
V The Purpose of Basic Dimensions on Prints APQP and PPAP 6
N Basic requirements and steps involved to get NADCAP Certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D Profile of a Line of a radius of 25mm basic dimension - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Basic Food Hygiene Presentation Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
M Training Toolbox for Basic Food Hygiene - Food Safety Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
Q Basic questions about AS9100C Quality Standard Requirements AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
D Basic Educational Film - What Quality is all about ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2