Basic SPC Training to Train Assembly Line Operators on SPC Charting

Laurie Wright

Starting to get Involved
I have spent several hours reviewing other topics posted here but haven't yet found what I am looking for so maybe someone could point me in the right direction!
I am looking to see if anyone has a simple, basic training document that could be used to train assembly line operators on SPC charting. The CO I am working for has decided to begin SPC charting on critical job chracteristics and we need something simple to train our operators with.
If anyone has this information or knows where I could look to find it I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I have spent several hours reviewing other topics posted here but haven't yet found what I am looking for so maybe someone could point me in the right direction!
I am looking to see if anyone has a simple, basic training document that could be used to train assembly line operators on SPC charting. The CO I am working for has decided to begin SPC charting on critical job chracteristics and we need something simple to train our operators with.
If anyone has this information or knows where I could look to find it I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Laurie,

Are you looking for just "charting" or teaching these good people the concepts of variation, its sources, common and special cause variation, control charting techniques, etc.?

Our Fellow Cover Steve Prevette has references to training materials in many of his posts. You may want to search for them, or Steve may respond...

Stijloor.

Laurie Wright

Starting to get Involved
Would like to give our Operators a very basic understanding of SPC and how to chart.
Thank You, I will look for posts from Steve Prevette!

D

David DeLong

Laurie:

I did a lot of SPC training in Canada including training SPC for shop floor personnel for Canada's largest automotive supplier. that was quite a few years ago. I have to admit that training the shop floor was really difficult since there there was a variety of languages and cultures. The interest in this subject was not what I would consider too high.

About 3 years ago, I again, trained a group of shop floor personnel with 3 1/2 sessions and if you are interested, I will send you the training book in a pdf file but you would have to place an X bar and R chart in the book in addition to a couple of sample charts from your company.

Privately let me know if you would like it since I really don't want to publish it here for everyone.

Laurie Wright

Starting to get Involved
Yes, Dave I would appreciate it if you could send it to me. lwright(at)fujiautotec(dot)net

Thank You!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bigfoot

Would like to give our Operators a very basic understanding of SPC and how to chart.
Thank You, I will look for posts from Steve Prevette!

Laurie,
:caution: If you are involved in the automotive supply chain (I suspect you are from the Co. name) then you are most likely working under the TS 16949 document for your QMS. If indeed you are refer to cl. 8.1.2 in order to define a basic knowledge of SPC. It lists Variation, control (stability), process capability, & over adjustment in what it defines basic statistical concepts.

W

world quality

Laurie,

Maybe these can help in teaching basic spc.

Attachments

• UNDERSTANDING SPC.ppt
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,303
  • SPC Training.DOC
    379.5 KB · Views: 1,426

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
For theory training, please also see the links at the bottom of this page.

For training in applying the theories to your organization's methods, specific training is required. Practical exersizes using real life data or examples of that data would be needed to see that personnel can perform SPC methods as per your needs.

Top Bottom