Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Becoming ISO 9001 certified - Telecommunications and network services for military

W

W MacReynolds

I ama Quality Manager looking for solutions to becoming ISO certified. Our division is a hundred or so providing telecommunications and network services for a military installation. Our hope is to pilot the program here and then carry over into our other facilities. We at present have limited documentation control or company specific procedures. I have been making headway in this area and wonder if getting training for myself as well as the managers is essential.
I have looked at TL9000 and am not sure if it has been approved yet. I would like better documentation guidelines- any suggestions?

D

David Mullins

It sounds like you haven't had much exposure to quality systems before, and perhaps didn't step back with the other guys when they asked who wants to be Quality Manager.
Get yourself up to speed first, otherwise you are going to embarrass yourself and your company, and waste money. Get it right first time!

------------------

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
Originally posted by W MacReynolds:

We at present have limited documentation control or company specific procedures. I have been making headway in this area and wonder if getting training for myself as well as the managers is essential.
Training in document control?
I have looked at TL9000 and am not sure if it has been approved yet. I would like better documentation guidelines- any suggestions?
What kind of documentation? Internal procedures? External specifications?

G
I was in a similar position to yourself, the only difference being I had 20+ years experience in the quality field, but very little experience of implementing an ISO 9000 compliant system ( all good things come to an end eventually ). My main source of information and assisstance has been the internet, training courses not necessarilly by consultancies are available on ISO 9000 fundamentals etc. In Canada of the few that I have looked at for my purposes the best and reasonably priced has been QMI(see Canadian Standards Association ). I believe they also run courses in your area i.e. California

Randy

Super Moderator
I work at an Army installation and we are registered to ISO 9002.

If you look at your basic contract (PWS) you will see all the necessary elements for developing you system contained within it. Guidance on document control, management review, purchase of materials, etc... are all in the basic contract.

I assisted in setting ours up if you want some help let me know.

Top Bottom