Being strongly encouraged to put TPM in my plant by my customer

P

pdboilermaker

Being strongly encouraged to put TPM in my plant by my customer, customer has dictated our consultant they are horrible, hate them.

Readers digest version: I have to put in a functioning TPM system in an assembly plant that has basically air tools, air compressor, and boilers. No stamping, no real fixtures, no injection molding etc..

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, helppp!!!!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
L

Laura M

What help do you need? Reference to a consultant or info on "what is it"

Most companies get into TPM while implementing lean manufacturing? Are you there? I'm not an expert on TPM. My former employer was just getting into it. I saw bits and pieces of the implementation..not necessarily the philosophy behind it.

P

pdboilermaker

Well, we are already pretty lean:
1. Raw goods do 70 inventory turns per month, would be 100 without import parts
2. We run a syncronized JIT, about 120 minutes to receive order, build, rack ship, and get to our customers line side (customer is 20 minutes away)
3. I need help with the process to implimentation, you know a breakdown 1, 2, 3 basics

L

Laura M

I have some maintenance contacts at my old employer. I'll see what I can scare up.

What I saw when I was leaving had to do with locating dedicated maintenance folks in the production areas, light boards for emergency call, and DAILY maintenance checks being performed on every machine in the area. Operators had responsibilities in the system as well. I know there is more to it than that. I'll see if I can find any literature to refer you to.

Laura

S
There are plenty of books and magazine articles on the subject, However IMO the best way to approach the subject is to "benchmark" an existing process.
Arvin Ind. in Dexter,MO comes to mind as one of leaders in this field.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Commission proposal being drawn up for postponement for date of application of MDR (2017/745) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Nicole Desouza The Difference of being AS 9100D Compliant vs.Certified AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
D IATF 16949 FAQ 24 (8.4.2.2 Countries of Destination) - How is this actually being interpreted? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Search for predicates to see what claims are being made for those predicates 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M CBE (Change Being Effected) 510(k) Submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the survey run among its members to analyse the certificates being issued Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R DCMA QAS is holding up shipments of product due to them being late AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S EQMS solution (Greenlight Guru and Q-Pulse currently being explored) Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 8
G Audit finding - Components being transferred inter-plant Internal Auditing 3
A MedAccred being flowed down to Suppliers (2018) MedAccred Industry Group Program 0
lyobovnik Matters being audited, independence, participation and direct responsibility 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
R Non-normal Distribution Selection where the system is constantly being corrected Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 11
D No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote location IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
chris1price Calibration of Instrument before being Discarded General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
M Which Certificate should I have being a Dentist? Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 4
I AS9100C Lead Auditor Training Courses being Cancelled AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Gman2 Identification of Raw Material being used In-Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Is MHLW Std No.169 - 2004 being Revised in Nov 2014? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 5
S Advanced Surveillance and Recertification Procedures - being discontinued by the IAF December 2019 update ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Thread Gauge Calibration Failure for Pitch Diameter being too large General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
somashekar Is OBL CE Marking route for Medical Devices being Reconsidered? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
K Difference between being a Management Representative and being a Lead Quality ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
I Does being a subsidiary fully absolve company B from complying with 21 CFR 820? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
C Ways to check to see if the gage is being used General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
J SC and the linkage between CP and PFMEA ? When it?s being produced or controlled? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
D Plan & Procedure to handle a Product that's being Withdrawn from the Market 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
R Ethical Aspects while being Consultant and Certifier within same Organization. Consultants and Consulting 6
B Is the ISO 13485 auditor being too picky concerning CMDCAS? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
Q Reduced Device License Fee was rejected for being sent in too early Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
somashekar About Technical File being available at Manufacturing Site ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
AnaMariaVR2 Why Being the Last Interview of the Day Could Crush Your Chances Career and Occupation Discussions 8
K Records Control - Auditor Objection to Data being Recorded and Stored in PC Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 21
M Corrective Action not being done by the responsible person Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
P Quality Progress Magazine without being a member of ASQ ASQ - American Society for Quality 7
V Failure Modes of 1-step being taken as cause in 2nd (subsequent/downstream) step FMEA and Control Plans 4
R When should a Corrective action be created? (Procedures not being followed) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 23
V Interviews - How to differentiate your deliverable/role for potentially being hired Career and Occupation Discussions 9
Z What Specific Tests are Required to Label a Device as being DEHP Free EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Marc The Fastest Broadband In The US Is Being Built by Local Communities After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
T How to preventing the drawing revision not being up to date Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 1
L Marketing Class I Medical Devices before being listed in FURLS Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
A Chip Resistor Body Marking Standard - Is EIA-96 being replaced? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
B Surface Profile Callouts - How the profiles are being dimensioned Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M Can I be a legal manufacturer without being a separate legal entity? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
K Have you ever behaved differently because you were being watched? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
E Being asked to do PPAPs - I'm new to the APQP Process APQP and PPAP 12
L Transmittal Form/Notice not being signed and returned by Clients ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
A How Big/How Small - Size limitation on a company being ISO 9001 certified? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
R Root Cause 5 Whys for an incorrect board being used in a product Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
S Smelly Varnish - Consumer Complaints about the device being ?smelly? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 11