Benefits of Internal Audit Schedules

S

Shannon

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me some benefits of an audit schedule (internal auditing)

Regards,
Shannon

Last edited by a moderator:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Re: Benifits of Audit Schedules

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me some benifits of an audit schedule (internal auditing)

Regards,
Shannon

I'm confident that others will answer this question for you, but why do YOU think there is a benefit to having a schedule a plan? Do you think there is some value for the auditor or the area being audited?

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Benefits of Audit Schedules

Hi all,

Regards,
Shannon

Shannon, I'm guessing you mean an audit calendar, not the specifics of scheduling a particular audit? If it's the calendar, then...

In many cases, if done conventionally, there aren't many, other than it's an expectation of an external auditor. This may help: http://www.nqa-usa.com/resources/articles_detail?id=48

True, there are some 'hard points' which can be put into an audit schedule, like the CB visit dates, seasonally affected activities (vacation work coverage) and such stuff, but otherwise, trying to predict when something should be audited usually brings little benefit.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi all,

Regards,
Shannon

First of all because it is a requirement of ISO 9001 cluase 8.2.2 refering to the internal audit program.
From a general standpoint, in any activity you are called to carry on is helpful to plan before ( setting criteria, objectives, goals) , taking into account that internal audit is a fundamental activity performed on behalf of the organization management ( which is the commitment in this case). They shall sponsor it and be informed about audit results ( as one of the inputs of management review) to recommend improvement action and pursuing continual improvement.
An accurate planning of the internal audit planning of your QMS processes is a leverage for continual improvement and help to better satisfy customer requirements.
Planning also helps in having the resources to reach quality objectives in QMS processes. Audit activity is better performed if you apply PDCA methodology, apart it is a requirement of the above standard.
Hope this helps.:bigwave:

Doug Tropf

Quite Involved in Discussions

No it's not

A schedule can help provide evidence of planning (which you must have) and serve as a method of communication of intent internally

From the FDA QSR Manual: All manufacturers should have a written quality procedure, although the details will vary with the manufacturer size and nature of the manufacturing operations. An audit procedure should include:

An audit schedule

R

Randy Lefferts

From the FDA QSR Manual: All manufacturers should have a written quality procedure, although the details will vary with the manufacturer size and nature of the manufacturing operations. An audit procedure should include:

An audit schedule

Shannon is posting in the ISO 19011 forum. Would the FDA requirements apply?

Randy

Super Moderator

An audit schedule

Yep, and "SHOULD" makes it optional. Additionally, ISO 19011 doesn't have diddly to do with the FDA, it's a guidance document for ISO based systems, and being GUIDANCE means it isn't a requirement either

Last edited:
Top Bottom