Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Benefits of Safety Helmet in manufacturing factory

Hi..

Im working in manufacturing factory where there is no need for helmet, but i see in some factories the workers they are wearing the Helmet.

Is there any requirements for wearing the helmet and what are the advantages?.

some of them they are wearing helmet for show for the visitors or inspectors

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Hi..

Im working in manufacturing factory where there is no need for helmet, but i see in some factories the workers they are wearing the Helmet.

Is there any requirements for wearing the helmet and what are the advantages?.

some of them they are wearing helmet for show for the visitors or inspectors
You may need to check with your local and federal safety laws/regulations to find out if there is a legal requirement for personnel to wear safety helmets.

If there is a such a law, and someone who is not wearing one is involved in an accident in the workplace, your organization could be subject to penalties such as fines, arrests, or even plant closures.

If there is no law, making it mandatory for employees and visitors to wear such protective equipment could result in lowering any insurance premiums or rates paid by your organization.

Safety helmets can help out by protecting the head from hazards in the workplace, as well as providing visibility out in the production environment. When I worked in the steel industry, our safety helmets were also where our hearing protection was attached (reducing cost of disposable ear plugs and minimizing waste caused by lost/disposed of ear plugs). Our special, additional level of eye protection was also attached to our safety helmets. We wore safety glasses, but had special glasses to protect our eyes from the glare molten steel.

Top Bottom