Best place is to purchase IEC 60417 labels that will pass markings test

First time posting to the Elsmar Cove but have found so much useful information on here so I was wondering if you could help me out. We are a start up medical device company and we are getting into a new product that needs to be IEC 60601-1 tested. I need to purchase the labels for our medical device and am wondering where the best place is to purchase the IEC 60417 labels that would pass the markings test. I found that clarion safety has them but they are square and we are looking for 1/2 in x 1/2 in circles. We need the Applied Part BF, Push Power (On/Off), and the Earth Ground Wire. If you would know the most reliable retailer in the US for these I would greatly appreciate it.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
"Best" and "most reliable" may be difficult to prove! :)

We've used (and been quite happy with) these guys for custom labels: Graphic Overlays - Garland, Texas - Marking Systems, Inc.

If you can get the artwork, though, and you don't need to print scads of labels, something simple as this Brother printer works (I've used a similar model): Brother PT-1230PC | PC Connectable Label Maker

You need to ensure the tape is laminated and has the most aggressive adhesive but I've used that for small-runs and it's readily passed the markings tests.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Best Place to Purchase a Copy of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
C The best place to purchase the ISO 9001:2000 standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R ISO Publications - Where the best place to purchase ISO 9001 publications? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T Best place in QMS to manage Quality Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
5 Promoting 5S in the Work Place - What's the best way to do it? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
H Best place to keep myself updated on EU Regulatory Changes EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T Is having an NCR system in place the best way to track rework costs? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
qualprod Best practice to ensure inputting of data in production Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
M Best profilometer for the money General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
P Best Global Option to become an OBL/PLM/Virtual medical device brand in 2020 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S What is the best method to bond urethane foam to urethane foam? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Watchcat Best Regulatory Oversight for Off-Shore Device Manufacturing? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
K Best Measurement Systems Demos in California? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
qualprod Best approach to get a real value as average? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
CPhelan Best metrics for monitoring low volume (<1000) parts per vendors Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
I What kind of wine best complements the Friday that you close out your external audit findings? Opinions are welcome. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
I Non-Conformance vs OFI -- your best descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 61
A What are Practical data center best practices IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
G Best Practices for IT auditing - Is a session-id necessary for a complete audit trail? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
S Best software for customer support/complaints? Customer Complaints 0
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Oversized Threads - What sized stab pin would be best to quickly check for oversized thread holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D What is the best software used for the pharma compliance management? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M Informational MHRA launches consultation on how to best engage patients and the public Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
optomist1 Mobility Field Manufacturing Best - Worst Practices Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
qualprod Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N Best practices for capturing audit objective evidence in a practical manner? Internal Auditing 3
S How to Learn all aspects of ISO 27001:2013 | The best way to grab the knowledge on 27001:2013 (Step by Step) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
I Best visual description for SOPs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Z Best Practices - small volume medical device tube cutting (0.020" to 0.080" OD)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Over-labelling - Any requirements or best-practices? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Informational DITTA White Paper on Cybersecurity: Best Practices in the Medical Technology Manufacturing Environment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational BSI – MDR Documentation Submissions Best Practices Guidelines Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Which clause would best fit this Nonconformance? (Supplier Related) Internal Auditing 2
P How to have employees buy-in of quality procedures. Best practices? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Expiry date vs. Best Before Date - Reagents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Will anyone please share training material for ISO:13485:2016 for best practices Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
E Best GD&T training - Your suggestions and recommendations please Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
M Best Practice for setting tolerances on a Drawing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
M PCBA Drawing Best Practices IPC Class 3 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Ron Rompen Best Practices in CMM Correlation Studies General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P Best approach to tackle difficult certifications Career and Occupation Discussions 2
E Best Ways to Close a Project APQP and PPAP 3
S Opinions on the "Best" CMM for High Accuracy Machining General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C What is the best ISO 22000 template pack to purchase? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
M Best Type of Grease for Vex Plastic Gears Manufacturing and Related Processes 5