Best Practices in CMM Correlation Studies

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Is anyone aware of 'best practices' for performing CMM correlation studies? I tried Googling it, and didn't find anything, but I'm sure that I am not the first one to think of doing this :)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Is anyone aware of 'best practices' for performing CMM correlation studies? I tried Googling it, and didn't find anything, but I'm sure that I am not the first one to think of doing this :)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Ron, are you referring to comparing multiple CMM measuring results? For example, one part is measured by multiple CMM's and you want to compare the results?

Could this help?

Last edited:

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Yep, that is exactly what I am refering to Stij. We have a large number of CMM's on our shop floor, and several more in the lab. My concern right now is the differences between the shop floor machines (which control production adjustments) and the lab machines (which control final audits, PPAP layouts, etc). Obviously if there is poor correlation then there will be a problem at the end of the process - just looking for the best way to set up the trials and evaluate the results.

Romvill2002

Involved In Discussions
Hello, I have a different inquiry in regards to correlation study for AQ vision CMM versus the conventional CMM. Should this be pest practice to compare both optical and touch CMM?

JaxonH

Registered
I have a template I created in Excel, but because my post count isn't high enough I can't share the link yet. I'll try to return to this once I gain the necessary permissions.

JaxonH

Registered
Is your template available?
Not sure if I can attach files. Let me try.

This is designed for 10 parts ran 3 times each, one tab for Gage and one tab for CMM (though you could use for any two gages). The main page analyzes the deltas and as percent of tolerance. Change dims and tolerances to your needs.

Attachments

• Gage Correlation.xlsx
    120.6 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom