Best Practices in CMM Correlation Studies

Is anyone aware of 'best practices' for performing CMM correlation studies? I tried Googling it, and didn't find anything, but I'm sure that I am not the first one to think of doing this :)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Is anyone aware of 'best practices' for performing CMM correlation studies? I tried Googling it, and didn't find anything, but I'm sure that I am not the first one to think of doing this :)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.
Ron, are you referring to comparing multiple CMM measuring results? For example, one part is measured by multiple CMM's and you want to compare the results?

Could this help?

Last edited:
Yep, that is exactly what I am refering to Stij. We have a large number of CMM's on our shop floor, and several more in the lab. My concern right now is the differences between the shop floor machines (which control production adjustments) and the lab machines (which control final audits, PPAP layouts, etc). Obviously if there is poor correlation then there will be a problem at the end of the process - just looking for the best way to set up the trials and evaluate the results.

Top Bottom