Best Process Flow Diagram for Automotive Parts Assembly

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
Can anyone help with what they beleive to be the best format for a process flow diagram?

We are a tier 1 supplier to Automotive OEM's, the format we use currently is OK, but being relatively in experienced in this area I am looking for some good ideas. I would be greatful for any you may have. :frust:

QS9000 fails to specify any kind of format. I wouls like clear concise and with all relevant details.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Al Rosen

Holed-up in a Hotel in South Florida
Staff member
Super Moderator
Manix said:
Can anyone help with what they beleive to be the best format for a process flow diagram?

We are a tier 1 supplier to Automotive OEM's, the format we use currently is OK, but being relatively in experienced in this area I am looking for some good ideas. I would be greatful for any you may have. :frust:

QS9000 fails to specify any kind of format. I wouls like clear concise and with all relevant details.
If you do a search, using the search function that can be found on each page in the cove, you will find many examples of process flow diagrams.

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Welcome to the Cove Manix :bigwave:

We don't have any "flashy" diagrams - just use a pretty standard format.

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Best Method of Auditing an Installation Process at a client job-site ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
I Best Practice in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Q Medical Device Manufacturing Process Monitoring Best Practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
E SPC Corrective Actions - Best Practice with Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
V The best practice to maintain & link Design and Process FMEAs FMEA and Control Plans 8
N Which is the Best Mixing Process for Colorants going into Plastic? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M PFMEA (Process FMEA) - What is the best approach? FMEA and Control Plans 14
K When is the best time to Audit the Internal Audit Process? Internal Auditing 25
D The best way to Document Process Details in Accounting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
T What is the Best Method for Wire Insertion? Effective Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Heat Treat Data - Best method for determining the capability of a carburizing process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
D Industry Standard or rules or best practices pertaining to Automotive Process Flows? APQP and PPAP 3
K FMEA is the Best C.I approach for process improvement? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
D The Best Way to Document In-Process Inspections using MIL-STD-1916 1/12 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Best Practice in Printing Industry - New project to improve the printing process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
R Thread Rolling on 316 Stainless Steel - What Process is Best? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
A Sharing best practices in customer satisfaction monitoring process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 17
M Looking for Best Way to Communicate Process Changes to Production Employees ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
F Best way to identify and map our proccesses - Process Identification Tools Needed??? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
A How best can we plan manufacturing process audits? Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 9
Marc The 'Best of the Best' Process Map Format Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 125
C Process Design FMEAs: What are the best practices? Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
S What is the best method to bond urethane foam to urethane foam? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Watchcat Best Regulatory Oversight for Off-Shore Device Manufacturing? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
K Best Measurement Systems Demos in California? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Q Best approach to get a real value as average? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
CPhelan Best metrics for monitoring low volume (<1000) parts per vendors Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
DuncanGibbons Best practice for identifying "items" of parts for DFMEA analysis AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
I What kind of wine best complements the Friday that you close out your external audit findings? Opinions are welcome. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 12
I Non-Conformance vs OFI -- your best descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 61
A What are Practical data center best practices IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
G Best Practices for IT auditing - Is a session-id necessary for a complete audit trail? IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
S Best software for customer support/complaints? Customer Complaints 0
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
G Oversized Threads - What sized stab pin would be best to quickly check for oversized thread holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D What is the best software used for the pharma compliance management? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
M Informational MHRA launches consultation on how to best engage patients and the public Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
optomist1 Mobility Field Manufacturing Best - Worst Practices Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Q Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N Best practices for capturing audit objective evidence in a practical manner? Internal Auditing 3
S How to Learn all aspects of ISO 27001:2013 | The best way to grab the knowledge on 27001:2013 (Step by Step) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
I Best visual description for SOPs? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Z Best Practices - small volume medical device tube cutting (0.020" to 0.080" OD)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Over-labelling - Any requirements or best-practices? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Informational DITTA White Paper on Cybersecurity: Best Practices in the Medical Technology Manufacturing Environment Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational BSI – MDR Documentation Submissions Best Practices Guidelines Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
K Which clause would best fit this Nonconformance? (Supplier Related) Internal Auditing 2
P How to have employees buy-in of quality procedures. Best practices? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Expiry date vs. Best Before Date - Reagents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9