Best Way for SPC via Optical Comparator with output to Computer for Data Analysis

A

aliasJohnQ

I am needing a good way to use spc on an optical comparator with software to my computer for analysis.
Micro Vu has a nice set up, but will need a laptop hooked up to the Optical Comparator.

St Ind. has something similar only with a 10" tablet, but not sure if it can put the data into an excel file right away or do I have to play with it to do what I want.

Any other ideas?

D

Darius

I am needing a good way to use spc on an optical comparator with software to my computer for analysis.
Micro Vu has a nice set up, but will need a laptop hooked up to the Optical Comparator.
Too many questions arrise from your question

How is your current setup?
a) Do you have a software that obtain the data and you just want it on SPC (you talked about a Micro Vu and a laptop hooked)?
b) Wich kind of optical comparison you are taking about? Color (one or several), dimensions, a pattern.
c) As you said laptop hooked, means, that the equipment is doint the hard work and sending the data to the PC?

If you have a software for recognision, does your software has a facility to send the data to a database or a text file?

St Ind. has something similar only with a 10" tablet, but not sure if it can put the data into an excel file right away or do I have to play with it to do what I want.
The tablet is like a computer with the facility to take photos, if the comparison that is done on the equipment is tranfered to the PC, only photos are needed, so no hook.

A

aliasJohnQ

1) No
2) Several
3) Not yet.....
Haven't got the comparator yet, but what software are you using for sending data to a pc?
Some claim that all you do is send it via a Quadra-chek, but that's not the case.
Any ideas?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
1) No
2) Several
3) Not yet.....
Haven't got the comparator yet, but what software are you using for sending data to a pc?
Some claim that all you do is send it via a Quadra-chek, but that's not the case.
Any ideas?

Although I haven't used it, I've been told that QC-Wedge from Metronics works pretty well--it translates RS232 output from the DRO to Excel.

Top Bottom