"Big Brother" Google?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Sorin

I love this bit:

Under pressure from German privacy regulators, Google said Friday that it had inadvertently collected 600 gigabytes of data from unsecured Wi-Fi networks around the world as it assembled its Street View archive. Google said the data, which it has described as snippets of Web sites and the contents of personal e-mail messages, was collected as a result of a programming error.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wes Bucey Big Brother! - Even in your color laser printer After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 15
ScottK Local Community Message Board - Big Brother? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 18
Wes Bucey Big Brother or Good Service? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
D Big companies suffer from quality management system? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K IoT, AI, Big Data and National Strategies of Other Countries (in your country, do you have any?) IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 12
Ninja Getting eaten by Big Business - My company was bought by a huge multinational Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 54
A Demonstration Test Plan for Reliability of Big Equipment Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 5
J What's the big picture on Notified Bodies? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
H Interesting Article:Weak Supplier Relations Costing Big 3 Automakers, Nissan Billions World News 4
L Continental Automotive (or any other big German OEM) APQP list wanted VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 5
A VSM: Between OP1 and OP2 there is a big conveyor. How to represent that on VSM?? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
Q ISO 9001 - 3 BIG questions to help a Newbie's Sanity ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T Electrical Surgical Tool with Big Metal Applied Part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
C Setup Time Reduction Project - How big should my team be? Six Sigma 2
AnaMariaVR2 Big Tobacco Lawyers going after Big Food US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
AnaMariaVR2 Big Data The Reading Room 4
1 A New Job - Replaced a QM who passed away - BIG Problems Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 25
R Ppk vs Cpk: Big Differences - What conclusion can I reach about my process? Six Sigma 3
F ISO 9001 Certification for a Big Government Entity - One Certificate for each Dept.? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
T The best way to pull some meaningful stats from a really big project? Using Minitab Software 3
S How big is your Medical Device Technical File? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
Manix Engaging 'Big' Suppliers in Quality Improvement Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A When a Company is Too Big for Quality Service Industry Specific Topics 20
A How Big/How Small - Size limitation on a company being ISO 9001 certified? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
AnaMariaVR2 3 Regulations that Could Have a Big Bearing on Pharma in 2011 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
T Big problems with Inspection - Manual Operation - Needs experts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 27
M Gage R&R for Big Parts - Approving a Variable Gage using only 1 Part Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
N G8D (the form) - No one will want to use a big, long form Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 7
Marc Microsoft Losing Big To Apple On Campus After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 18
Marc Google Bargains Away Net Neutrality - Big Business Winning After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
M ISO 29001 Certification Industry - How big and who are the players? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
G First time flyer - My big concern other than crashing is air sickness! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 41
J Internal Audit Teams - How big the audit team should be and who should be on it General Auditing Discussions 6
A The ?Big D? (aka Dallas, TX) becomes the ?Green D? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
T The "Big Three" can do something right! World News 11
S The Big 3 - Customer Specific Requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 6
Marc The end of the road for U.S. carmakers? Are the Big Three worth saving? World News 27
R Can I use Nonparametric Method to big samples? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 22
U SPC, The Big Picture Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
Stijloor ASQ's (American Society for Quality) Next Big Thing...... ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 16
C Gutting the Control Plan of all details and and getting it accepted by the big 3 FMEA and Control Plans 11
H Big Batch (Large Lot) Sampling - Label Printing - MIL-STD-105E Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 12
J Auditor training - Is there a big difference between auditing ISO 13485 & ISO 9001? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
A My Company wants to Implement ISO 9001-2000 and become Certified - The Big Start ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
ScottK Is using a 3rd party auditor for supplier audits a big trend? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
Marc Big Three get March 2007 U.S. sales beating, Toyota cheers World News 0
L Big Shipping Error - Shipped without the CE mark on them - Need advice! CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
D Big *ss Fans World News 6
J BIG 3 customer asks us - Will TS 16949 make you more effiecient? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
O PPAP Process Map - Does anyone map out the PPAP process for the Big Three? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2