SBS - The best value in QMS software

Bikers strap on fruit, pots to dodge helmet law

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Bikers strap on fruit, pots to dodge helmet law.

New law flummoxes Nigerians who say helmets are too expensive, dirty...

From msnbc.com:

KANO, Nigeria - Police in Nigeria have arrested scores of motorcycle taxi riders with dried fruit shells, pots or pieces of rubber tire tied to their heads with string to avoid a new law requiring them to wear helmets.

Read more...

Stijloor.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

Randy Stewart

I wonder how much safety $29 buys.
I'm not for helmet laws, just like I hate the state telling me I have to wear a seatbelt. Is it smart? Yes, but I shouldn't have to have the government telling me to do it.
However, when I was in the motorcycle safety class (mandatory if you wanted to ride on any military base) they told us that if you had a $20 head then get a $20 helmet! That was back in the 70's so I can't see $29 now buying much more than a dried out pumpkin shell!

P

Peter West

In all fairness, i think the cost of a helmet equals something like 1 month's wages out there.

So if you/we (in the US, or UK) are happy to spend $2k on a helmet, which then has a high likelihood of being stolen, and not eating for a month whilst you save for it rather than use left overs from the most recently baked pumpkin pie....

R

Randy Stewart

and not eating for a month whilst you save for it rather than use left overs from the most recently baked pumpkin pie....
If you're riding without a helmet just think of all the protein you can pick up from the bugs! Who needs left overs. It's a fresh and free meal and a real drive through!:agree1::lmao: