Bill of Material Content to meet Purchasing Requirements

B

BOOmerangg

Good afternoon, everyone.

I looked through forum's content but didn't find what I'm looking for.
So I'd appreciate advice from more experienced persons.

I have questions regarding PBOM (does "P" means "Purchasing").
1. Could you please explain purchase levels (purchase level, assembly level, part level) - what are meanings? Differences?
2. "Item type" column. There are 2 types: off-the-shelf and in house design. Am I right that off-the-shelf parts are standard parts (bolts, screws etc.) and carry over parts (that is drawings, samples and other PPAP data are already available)? "In house design" parts are parts which have to be developed from zero, right?
3. What is Total to Production PIP Data?
4. What is Total to Prototype PIP Data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
B

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

gyravena

Good afternoon, everyone.

I looked through forum's content but didn't find what I'm looking for.
So I'd appreciate advice from more experienced persons.

I have questions regarding PBOM (does "P" means "Purchasing").
1. Could you please explain purchase levels (purchase level, assembly level, part level) - what are meanings? Differences?
2. "Item type" column. There are 2 types: off-the-shelf and in house design. Am I right that off-the-shelf parts are standard parts (bolts, screws etc.) and carry over parts (that is drawings, samples and other PPAP data are already available)? "In house design" parts are parts which have to be developed from zero, right?
3. What is Total to Production PIP Data?
4. What is Total to Prototype PIP Data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
B
Some "in house design" parts can be catalogue parts with changes. Example being a standard off the shelf screw that have been cut to a very specific length, so it doesn't necessarily have to be made from scratch.

I'm not 100% sure but I will venture a guess on that the part level is component level and assembly level can be something like an assembly already assembled like a power supply or a lower level assembly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
somashekar Use of Set or Pair as Unit of Measure in the Bill of Material (BOM) Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
Y Reserve APQP documents such as Preliminary Bill of Material? APQP and PPAP 3
F The EU Drafts Bill to Postpone MDR by a Year (3/2020) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
dgrainger Informational Have your say on the UK's Medicines and Medical Devices Bill Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J UK Medicines and Medical Devices Bill - 2019 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
dgrainger Informational UK's new Medicines and Medical Devices Bill Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J Bill of Materials required according to MDD93/42/EC Annex II Section 3.2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R BOM (Bill of Materials) - To rev or not to rev Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B Great advice by Bill Watterson Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
Wes Bucey Bill Gates has a twin? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
Q Software that will fit the bill of Igrafx Process compatible with Macintosh? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
A Help Engineers understand the differences between Bill of Materials and Routers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
Stijloor Mulally, Bill Ford awarded more than $98 million in stock World News 1
A Looking for BOM (Bill of Materials) template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
P Daily Rate to bill for a Site Quality Manager - Construction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Stijloor Leave it to Bill Clinton! Two U.S. Journalists in N. Korea Are Said to Be Pardoned World News 12
K Is Bill Gates So Smart ? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Sidney Vianna ANAB Accreditation Council Drafts Client Bill of Rights ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
J Concessions - Raising a concession untill the BOM (Bill of Materials) is updated Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
Coury Ferguson Bill Gates to step down from Microsoft After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
Stijloor New Guideline for a Standardized Bill of Lading World News 0
P A "Clean" Bill of Health - Re-Registration Audit with No Nonconformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
S New Auditor wants Mould tool repair bill included in Cost of Poor Quality! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
Marc Management by Bullying - Bill Gates and MicroSoft Career and Occupation Discussions 7
M Bizarre billing (? fraud?) problem on my landline bill After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 11
samer Statistics about Bill Gates Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
M Bill Harral - RIP - January 2006 Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 3
Marc Definition General Quality Assurance Glossary - By Bill Pflanz Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
Marc Bill Gates Envisions Cars that Can't Crash World News 5
T Document Control Revision History in Manually Created BOM's (Bill of Materials) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
J Drawing Control - Bill of materials as our master list? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
Marc Billy Gates - Sayings of Chairman Bill After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
L AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 e "Control packaging material ..................reused" AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Manufacturing overages & nonconforming material documentation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
DMLqms Material for laboratory use or Medical Device? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Material from outside CER evaluation period CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
F AS9100D, raw material standards are a requirement for manufacturing? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
6 Management of SDS and Hazardous Material Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Cba biomedical auditor - cba primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
DuncanGibbons Are there any aerospace specific requirements for material resource planning? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 1
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C Clean room injection molding, raw material mixing requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Raw material Mixing / Preparation for clean room class C injection molding Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
P GM TWO (Temporary Work Order) - Is there a specific GM format for the TWO# to be sent with the material? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1