Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Bill of Material Content to meet Purchasing Requirements

B

BOOmerangg

Good afternoon, everyone.

I looked through forum's content but didn't find what I'm looking for.
So I'd appreciate advice from more experienced persons.

I have questions regarding PBOM (does "P" means "Purchasing").
1. Could you please explain purchase levels (purchase level, assembly level, part level) - what are meanings? Differences?
2. "Item type" column. There are 2 types: off-the-shelf and in house design. Am I right that off-the-shelf parts are standard parts (bolts, screws etc.) and carry over parts (that is drawings, samples and other PPAP data are already available)? "In house design" parts are parts which have to be developed from zero, right?
3. What is Total to Production PIP Data?
4. What is Total to Prototype PIP Data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
B

G

gyravena

Good afternoon, everyone.

I looked through forum's content but didn't find what I'm looking for.
So I'd appreciate advice from more experienced persons.

I have questions regarding PBOM (does "P" means "Purchasing").
1. Could you please explain purchase levels (purchase level, assembly level, part level) - what are meanings? Differences?
2. "Item type" column. There are 2 types: off-the-shelf and in house design. Am I right that off-the-shelf parts are standard parts (bolts, screws etc.) and carry over parts (that is drawings, samples and other PPAP data are already available)? "In house design" parts are parts which have to be developed from zero, right?
3. What is Total to Production PIP Data?
4. What is Total to Prototype PIP Data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
B
Some "in house design" parts can be catalogue parts with changes. Example being a standard off the shelf screw that have been cut to a very specific length, so it doesn't necessarily have to be made from scratch.

I'm not 100% sure but I will venture a guess on that the part level is component level and assembly level can be something like an assembly already assembled like a power supply or a lower level assembly.

Top Bottom