Biocompatibility Testing for Implantable Medical Devices according to ISO 10993

T

Tiffany

Hi all,

I have queries on the type of biocompatibility testing according to ISO 10993 series should be carried out for implantable medical devices.(implant > 30 days)

This queries generated where I have different type of biocompatibility testings which recommended by two different testing lab. :argue:

Could any experts here to help me up for this queries??

Thanks.

BRegards,
Tiff

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Re: Biocompatibility Testing

If there´s differences between testing labs, how about you contact your notified body (or equivalent)?

R

Roland Cooke

IIRC it also makes a difference where in the body the device will be implanted.

E

EColby

I am unable to submit a link in this response (apparently because I am new to posting). So I suggest going to the FDA website and looking up "Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices" G95-1. Be sure to click on the links for Table 1 and 2. I found those tables helpful.

I am unable to submit a link in this response (apparently because I am new to posting). So I suggest going to the FDA website and looking up "Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices" G95-1. Be sure to click on the links for Table 1 and 2. I found those tables helpful.
Welcome to the Cove and thanks for providing valuable link :bigwave:

This is the link that Ecolby referred - Required Biocompatibility Training and Toxicology Profiles for Evaluation of Medical Devices May 1, 1995 (G95-1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Is Biocompatibility Testing required for Implantable Class III Devices sent to China China Medical Device Regulations 3
W Biocompatibility of Implantable Component - What testing, if any? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
P Biocompatibility testing ISO-10993 for FDA submission Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
E Biocompatibility testing of our applied part seems redundant Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
Beliz Biocompatibility Testing for Laser Epilation Device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K Biocompatibility Testing - Multile products of different sizes and shapes US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
K Diagnostic X-ray devices - Applicability of Biocompatibility Testing per ISO 10993-1 Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
K Biocompatibility Testing - Component Level or Assembled Medical Device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R What is the expectation for Biocompatibility Testing when switching Suppliers? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 11
S Biocompatibility testing for nasal prongs made of medical grade silicone 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
J Biocompatibility Evaluation component other than Testing Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
J Grouping Products and Testing Sterile and Biocompatibility - Validating Products Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
C Biocompatibility Evaluation Testing on Single Use Tube Sets Other Medical Device Related Standards 9
I Biocompatibility Testing Requirements for a Class I device - Does not contact patient 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
C Do we have to use an FDA recognized lab for Biocompatibility testing of 510k devices? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
S Biocompatibility - Complement System Testing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
M Medical Device Biocompatibility Testing - End Product or Components - ISO 10993 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 22
T Animals for biocompatibility testing? Other Medical Device Related Standards 10
V Biocompatibility testing centre in Montreal QC ? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
A Biocompatibility testing & Registration in China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Predicate Device - Question on Biocompatibility and IEC 60601-1 Testing Requirements IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
A Biocompatibility: Selection of worst-case device Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
Judy Abbott Biocompatibility requirements for submission to Chile Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
J Biocompatibility for endoscope external handle/grip US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
S Validity of biocompatibility reports ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
O ISO10993 - Biocompatibility in medical vacuum systems (vacuum pumps) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
S Biocompatibility requirement for electrode adapters Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S ASTM F86 x Biocompatibility Issues Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
Judy Abbott The impact of laser power on biocompatibility of the products Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
Watchcat Summary of De Novo Biocompatibility Information, 2015-2018 Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
K 510k FDA review, will they accept Biocompatibility result generated using feasibility product lots? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
A How much does a complete biocompatibility test package cost? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
M FDA News FDA Releases Draft Guidance Clarifying Application of ISO 10993-1 Biocompatibility Standard Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Biocompatibility evaluation for Hardware/Interface Components? Other Medical Device Related Standards 13
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
L FDA Biocompatibility Requirements - Transitory Contact Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Biocompatibility evaluation of gas pathways Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
Judy Abbott Activation of complement at 90 min - BSI requested for justifications to support the biocompatibility of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Judy Abbott Can any one help me with an urgent BIOCOMPATIBILITY Impact assessment? Internal Auditing 9
S ISO 10993 Biocompatibility Evaluation - Electronic thermometer Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
shimonv Referring to previously submitted biocompatibility results in a new 510(k) submission Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
I ISO 10993 Biocompatibility Requirements - manufacturing process chemicals Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
R 510(k) Biocompatibility vs Cleaning Validation Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
K Biocompatibility classification for Lancet CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
F Sample Size for Biocompatibility Tests Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
F Biocompatibility Device Categorization: Priming with Blood Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
W Biocompatibility Risk Analysis for Clinical Practitioner 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
F Biocompatibility on aged devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
Gamula Biocompatibility GLP conform tests outside China China Medical Device Regulations 1
I Biocompatibility Impact on Autoclaved Silicone Other Medical Device Related Standards 3