Black Belt Training and Salary Discussion

T

tcbracing

Black Belt Training

Just started online Six Sigma Black Belt Training through MoreSteam.com. My boss liked the ability to work on it when I got a chance instead of a week at a time offsite training.

Very interesting so far. They also offer Certification through the site if your Project is approved.

Any Black Belts out there and what type of training have you done?

Tom Bejma

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Donald Duck

Tom,

AS I know, your organization can designate you as Black Belt is you fulfill the requirements. Normally company establish their own criteria for Black and green belt. Also you can get the certification outside such as ASQ....

I did not conduct any Six Sigma training when I prepared for ASQ SSBB certification. I do think the difference between Six Sigma Projects and traditional quality activities is the principle. Personnelly I like Lean more.

D

D.Scott

Speaking of Black Belt

Did anyone see the latest salary survey results in Quality Progress? The median salary for a Black Belt is $70,000. For a Master Black Belt the median is $100,000. I find that a little hard to believe but I guess they know what they are talking about.

The other thing that startled me a little bit was the job description for those 2 positions. BB = Six Sigma or quality expert, often full-time team leader, responsible for implementing process improvement projects within the business to drive up customer satisfaction levels and business productivity. MBB = Six Sigma or quality expert responsible for strategic implementations within the business; qualified to teach other Six Sigma facilitators the methodologies, tools and applications in all functions and levels of the organization and is a resource for using statistical methods to improve processes.

Oh well, I guess everybody needs to fit in somewhere.

Dave

D

Donald Duck

Ignore GE, Motorola this kind big companies, actually, as I know, lots of BB is not fultime position.

MBB always carry out senior management tasks, sometimes like a champion or process owner. Their high salary not comes from MBB title but from their original position. That's why I never believe ASQ's salary survey. If you stay in a same company, ASQ certification could not help increase your imcoming at all. The best useing of certification is "jumping" to another firm.

something is also interest, a MBB may be a qualified BB without enough management and organization ability, only conduct some training job.

All above are just my own oppintion, NO objective evidences. :ca:

One other thing to consider is there is no overall accepted Black Belt Certification Body of Knowledge/criteria. The criteria for what makes up a black belt varies greatly from organization to organization. Most require you to attend a class, pass a test and complete a project. But the test is not standardized, the type and size of the project is all over the board, and some might not even require you to attend the class.

Makes the whole thing confusing, in my mind. Well, but I'm also always confused.

R

Rob Nix

Good thoughts. I agree with y'all, and add that the standard deviations were highest where the titles were most nebulous. MBB's ranged from 40K to 170K, BB's from 35K to 150K, and "champion" earning from 40K to 172K.

I especially agree with Duck's observation that wages are based more on what you were rather than what you are.

Re: Black Belt Training

I have some experience working with the Moresteam Tool Box and like it quite a bit. I have not yet taken any of their training programs and I was wondering how you made out? Would you use them again and would you recommend the service and training content?

Thanks
Rick Brown

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
B Good Black Belt Training Programs? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
dsalcido Black Belt Training - I am located in Houston, TX Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
Ajit Basrur How to Start Six Sigma GB (Green Belt) / BB (Black belt) Internal Training? Six Sigma 3
Casana Black Belt Training - My current BB journey Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 29
K Looking for Six Sigma Black Belt projects in Customer Service Six Sigma 7
A Application / Use of Hypothesis Testing in any Six Sigma Black Belt Project Six Sigma 8
M ASQ CMBB Master Black Belt - anyone appearing for Mar 1, 2014 exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
G Looking for live project in company for Six Sigma Black belt Project Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
K ASQ Six Sigma Handbook - Should I purchase the Black Belt handbook now? Six Sigma 5
P The difference between Six Sigma Black Belt and Master Black Belt Six Sigma 2
C When do I select Team for Black Belt Project? Six Sigma 3
K What is the role of the Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 9
C What is the Salary for a certified 6 Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 24
Q Completed Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) Oct 17th 2009 Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
P Attribute Control Chart in my Process - Black Belt says Not Appropriate Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
Q ASQ CSSBB - Certified Six Sigma Black Belt Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
E Who could give a book named The certified six sigma black belt handbook Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
P Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 20
S ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt Affidavit Professional Certifications and Degrees 41
P Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Qualifications Six Sigma 5
S ASQ - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S Confusion DPU, PPM & DPMO vs. Sigma Level - ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt hand book Six Sigma 14
S I am considering an online Black Belt Certification Six Sigma 19
ScottK Soliciting Feedback for my final Black Belt project -please review my Project Charter Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 4
B Six Sigma green belt and black belt online certification question Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Preparing myself for certified six sigma black belt Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
A Six sigma black belt telephone test Six Sigma 5
J Would you recommend starting at Yellow Belt or go straight to Black Belt? Six Sigma 7
G Master Black Belt Certification without spending too much money Six Sigma 28
G Black Belt vs Green Belt projects Six Sigma 3
E What is Project Scoping? Must I work with a SS Master Black Belt? Six Sigma 5
H Tables to be taken to the Six Sigma Black Belt Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
C 6 Sigma Black Belt Certification Exam - Preparation suggestions Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
G Definition Attribute Screens - ASQ CSix Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge mesurement method Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
A Master Black Belt Certification - Looking for recognized MBB certification course Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
6 Transactional six sigma project needed - Working on my black belt - Detroit Six Sigma 3
Marc Which is more important to a Quality Professional - MBA or Six Sigma Black Belt? Professional Certifications and Degrees 44
J Does any black belt meet this situation? The problem is the process Six Sigma 6
I Do I Want To Be A Six Sigma Black Belt? Six Sigma 3
A Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate in 8 weeks - Online - Is it possible? Six Sigma 13
A CSSBB (Certified Six Sigma Black Belt) Sample Exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
Govind Help Requested: Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (CSSBB) Comparison study Professional Certifications and Degrees 16
J Job Offer: Six Sigma Black Belt vs. SQE for one of Biggest Auto supplier Career and Occupation Discussions 15
Marc Six Sigma Master Black Belt Six Sigma 8
G Black-Belt Project in a Calibration Laboratory? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt - Format or any samples of two projects submitted Six Sigma 3
T Master Black Belt vs MS Applied Statistics Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
A CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) vs. Six Sigma Black or Green Belt and Statistics Professional Certifications and Degrees 14
C CQE vs. Six Sigma Black Belt - Is there a Big Difference? Professional Certifications and Degrees 12