Black darkness (Night - Test) page style - About style of page..

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
I am currently using the Black darkness (Night - Test) page style.
I see that text in the white background is hardly readable. For ex. List of people who like a post.
Thanks ...

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
It is a test skin. I suggest the Night Dark Blue. I will be disabling the Black until I have time to mess with the style's CSS.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I took a quick look at the skin and re-enabled it. If you mouse-over a person's avatar, it will 'expand' and those statistics can be viewed there. It appears that the person who coded the skin did not intend that info to be viewable, or at least noticeable, in the thread view, for what ever reason.

As a side note: 'Skins' can be expensive and can be quite elaborate. Originally I did intend to get a skin coded but the migration ended up costing about US$3,000 (People did donate about US$700 to 'the cause') and another US$1,500 was just too much. In addition, I was, and still am, learning the software, and trying out various add-ons. Many add-ons have specific templates so a skin is best done after add-ons are decided on and installed.

I decided to go the minimalist route. I kept the basic 'out-of-the-box' skin as the default skin for visitors. I added the two 'test' dark skins because a lot of people do like a dark background.

I can't say I have been paying too much attention to skins so far. I have been more interested in add-ons for functionality rather than 'beauty', for now.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
I Use the Night (dark blue) style.
In the new posts page while I hold the cursor on a subject line for a while, the posted message text appears as a pop up box., however the pop up box colour is the same as the page colour, making it like merge with the other texts. Can this pop up box colour be made different ?
Thanks...

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
In the new posts page while I hold the cursor on a subject line for a while, the posted message text appears as a pop up box., however the pop up box colour is the same as the page colour,
This is how it shows on my iMac. White text on a medium blueish/blue gray background.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Exactly.... When you mouse over on posts more below, the blue-gray background of the pop up merges with the bigger blue-gray of the screen. My request was to have a change for the pop up box color to be different than the blue-gray. Thanks

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I don't know the software well enough - hundreds of templates in each style - to find the controlling template and to make such a change to the CSS controlling the applicable template. Not to mention, if I paid someone to have that changed for you, what about others who would like it to remain the same or would like a color different than what you want? I really would like to please everyone, but I long ago found that to be impossible.

There is also an issue which comes up from time to time, especially with old posts/threads where someone used the color editor and put text in a post with one or more color(s) which screws everything up. Look through some of Wes' old posts and you'll see some very interesting, and in many cases very hard to read, posts if you're reading in the "dark" mode.

I thought a lot about this when I added a "dark" theme. It's a "coming" thing at some websites but few websites are coded for different "skins", especially if the website has options for font colors in posts. I personally have come to like this "Night"/Dark" "skin". I can understand why some people like it. Yet, others prefer the standard "black text/white background". I have tried to make this forum as user friendly as I can. I really do care. I will keep your thoughts on this in mind.

Top Bottom