Blueprint reading training - Does anybody have any recommendations?

N

Norman V

I'm investigating several blueprint reading courses for our company's 2002 training plans. We have several hundred people in various machining/blueprint reading operations, and many of them have had little formal training on blueprint reading.

Does anybody have any reccomendations on programs or curriculum that have worked well in your organization?

My goal is to get all our existing people "retrained", and then make this mandatory training for any new people moving into positions like this.

Your help is appreciated! Thanks.

Norman V.

E

energy

D.O.L.

Try your Department of Labor for the types of training being offered. They are really cheaper and provide the training to help people improve their job skills. Just a thought!:smokin:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Sometimes your state university/college systems have training programs that are provided rather inexpensively and partially funded through the state (probably something like energy is talking about?) ;) I think that most states have a similar program and it can save you BIG $$$$.

Another avenue might be to assess your current personnel, maybe you have someone right there on your payroll that can provide in-house training?

E

energy

Exactly!

Originally posted by SteelMaiden
Sometimes your state university/college systems have training programs that are provided rather inexpensively and partially funded through the state (probably something like energy is talking about?) ;) I think that most states have a similar program and it can save you BIG $$$$.

Steelmaiden,

Precisely what I was talking about. All the training is done at accredited institutions, like Universities. Have a good holiday:bigwave: :smokin:

U

Unregistered

We have in our state - an office using DECA as an identifier
Department of Education and Community Affairs & local area Community Colleges are working in "harmony" with them.

They have Provided essentially "Free" blueprint training for a large number of our personel - through a local tax increment financing TIF grant (grant being the optimun word - no need for payback)

I suggest you contact your local wing of unenplyoment office - to investigate who/wher/how this works in your locality --- if they have a Statewide program the Unemploment offiec either is involved or can direct you to the appropriate contact office

N

Norman V

Fascinating

What an unexpected twist this has taken.... I had originally planned to have people trained in house, but it's hard to pass up a free or subsidized offer. Most of the in-house packages I've looked at so far cost $2,000 to $3,000.

Norman V.

D

db

Don't forget MEP

When looking for resources, don’t forget to check in with your local MEP (Manufacturing Extension Partnership) center (US only). You can find the closest one to you at: http://www.mep.nist.gov/.

Dave B (the other Dave)

Top Bottom