Body Fat trygliceride (cholesteral) results - Doc says no more sugar, potatoes, corn

A

Al Dyer

Yes, I guess I am, Just got my trygliceride (cholesteral) results back 680! Doc says no more sugar, potatoes, corn, beans, bacon, sausage etc...

Time to find a new Doctor:frust: ;)

I'll feel better in the A.M. and back to my usual chipper self. (Did I really say that?)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
I've lost 40 pounds since August - my diet is monkey-rabbit like now. Lots of oranges and bananas and apples and salad and such. Not much meat. No more pies and pudding and sweets. Completely quit sugar. Still eat bacon now and again. I feel a lot better and as a side effect again fit into a lot of clothes I had packed away figuring I would never really fit into them again but saved them 'just in case'. It's like having a new wardrobe!

Haven't had any blood tests since I was heavier, but back about a year ago all the levels were OK - I guess I inherited 'good' body metabolism in so far as cholesterol and such goes (slow heart rate and acceptably low blood pressure, too).

A

Al Dyer

Energy,

You really are quite the one for compliments! When I was at EMU 25 years ago I was 5' 7" and weighed in at 260. Now I'm down to 175 and the doctor wants me to lose weight. I was about to tell him he could use a few sit-ups but you don't argue with the man with the needle and a nurse that looks like Broderick Crawford, and has the soft touch to match.

When she takes blood she might as well use a turkey baster!:cool:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Re: Really/

Originally posted by energy
My, You must have been a chubby little ****!:biglaugh:
Try 205 and working on it.
Still am - just somewhat less so... Let's just say I have a cute belly...

E

energy

Does that mean?

Originally posted by Al Dyer
Energy,
You really are quite the one for compliments! When I was at EMU 25 years ago I was 5' 7" and weighed in at 260.
Did they have to paint a white stripe around your waist to tell if you were walking or rolling?:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Does that mean?

Did they have to paint a white stripe around your waist to tell if you were walking or rolling?:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:
Energy you kill me!!

I used to have to use the white line deal, I was 5'7" 165 lbs of muscle surrounded bu 60 pounds of fat at one time.

E

energy

I should talk

At 205 and 6', I have trouble getting into those 36" trousers. The secret? Drop em down a bit. Comes a time though, if you continue to wear the same size pants, you can busted for indecent exposure.:biglaugh: :ko: :smokin:

Maybe we should have added another question to this common sense poll. Who thinks they look like 2 lbs of **** in a 1lb bag?

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Re: I should talk

At 205 and 6', I have trouble getting into those 36" trousers. The secret? Drop em down a bit. Comes a time though, if you continue to wear the same size pants, you can busted for indecent exposure.:biglaugh: :ko: :smokin:

Maybe we should have added another question to this common sense poll. Who thinks they look like 2 lbs of **** in a 1lb bag?
You could carry around a can of ready-mix spackling compound and a putty-knife for that problem.:biglaugh: :truce:

nothing personal:truce:

Actually, I have always thought it was fun to take pictures, post them on the lunchroom bulletin board with the caption "Say no to crack" or "Crack kills" or have a contest to "name that employee"

But how did we get here from common sense?
I probably would have to be honest and pick the poll choice about the 2lbs in a 1 lb bag.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Notified Body Approval of Change EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M What happens to certifications if the issuing certification body loses accreditation? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
K Adding the Notified Body Number CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
Marc Mule Car aka Body Mule Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
A NB (Notified Body) Audit of Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Conflict of Interest Registrar/Notified Body/Testing House Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
JoCam Certified Body Audit of MDR requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Watchcat "Disappeared" Linkedin Notified Body Rant EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
M Informational EU – New notified body designated under the MDR – NB 2797 BSI Group The Netherlands B.V. Netherlands Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – New notified body designated under the MDR – NB 1912 – DARE!! Services B.V. – Netherlands Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N Customer asking if their notified body can audit us ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
G Is impact test according to IEC 60601-1 applicable for HAND-HELD equipment if also classified as BODY-WORN? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
N MDR review process by notified body - How many steps exist in the review process EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Ed Panek CAPA against Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N Regular meetings with Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 13
M Informational EU – New designated Notified Body under the MDR – TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational New designated Notified Body for Regulation (EU) 2017/745 (MDR) included in Nando – IMQ ISTITUTO ITALIANO DEL MARCHIO DI QUALITÀ S.P.A. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational EU – Next Notified Body designated to the MDR 2017/475 is IMQ S.p.A from Italy Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – DEKRA Certification GmbH is the third Notified Body designated under the MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
JoshuaFroud The withdrawal of Lloyd’s Register MDD & IVDD Notified Body Status CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Measurement Unit Rounding Nonconformity - Notified Body Audit Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
M Informational From RAPS – Another Notified Body Bows Out Ahead of EU MDR: ‘Investment Too High’ Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Authorized Rep (AR), competent authority, NCA and notified body - Differences EU Medical Device Regulations 9
R How long to wait for Notified Body Response - Potentially significant change to a medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
M Informational New Notified Body designated under the MDR – TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH Zertifizierstellen Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
shimonv Non-significant notice of change to notified body EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J0anne Implantable Devices - The effects of surgical scaffold implanted into the human body Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 8
C TL-9000 Certifying Body Issue - Auditor failed to find an issue for 10 years TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 16
S Difficulty Finding A Notified Body for CE Marking - No Capacity Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
M We still have not received our certificate due to a 'backlog' with our auditing body Registrars and Notified Bodies 25
N Creepage - Does a surface mount isolator body negate a PCB slot? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
P Notified body located in an other country than manufacturing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Reasons to change certification body and typical costs Registrars and Notified Bodies 16
W IEC 60601-1-2 Susceptibility/Immunity for device intended to be used in patient body IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M BSI – Want to know more about the Notified Body? Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
M Start-Up Company looking for ISO 13485 Certification Body and Medical Device CE Mark Notified Body Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
W Body-worn brain stimulator (MOPP isolation requirements) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M AS 9100 - Requirement to become Certification Body (CB) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
M Medical Device News BSI achieves Designation for its Netherlands Medical Devices Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Attestation of QA certificate from foreign (EU) Notified Body Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
D Notified body - CE Certification Class 2a Products in India CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Notified Body Involvement with Self Declared Products EU Medical Device Regulations 7
C QR Code on Medical Device Packaging and Notification to Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 1
H Clinical investigation - Role of Notified Body (NB) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S Certification Body, Registrar, Notified Body - What is the difference? Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
D CE Mark with same NB (Notified Body)? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4