Boeing 'Strongly Urges' Suppliers to become AS9100 Registered

D

Don Palmer

What's New

RCW said:
You are correct, Sidney.

As a Boeing supplier, I received my letter late last week. (Kind of ironic that it had the correct address but the wrong company name on it. Quality system? Hmmmmmmm.....)

Boeing suppliers are "expected to select an accredited aerospace certification body and transition to an ICOP certification between June 2006 and June 2007."

More information will be forthcoming in October 2005.

AS9100 registrars must have a big smile on their faces now. On the flipside, my boss is already complaining about having to spend more money for another registration. As for me, I'm just going back to my morning coffee....

Have you anything new to share with the board?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I think that you are asking RCW, but I know that, on November 18, The Boeing Co. sent another letter to their suppliers that have not achieved AS9100 certification yet, and offered a friendly reminder of Boeing's expectation for suppliers to have a plan to attain certification no later than June 07. As always, they are serious about it. So are many other Aerospace OEMs.

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks for the info/update Sidney.

It's interesting that I received 3 copies/mailings of that original letter in July but I have not received the November 18th letter yet.

I also take Boeing's requirement serious and as such I am in the process of upgrading my quality system to AS9100 (while at the same time upgrading to ISO 13485 for another customer).

Some observations:

1) I talked to my Boeing quality rep a couple of months ago and showed him the July letter. He was oblivious to the fact that this was going to happen.

2) Another major aerospace customer has had the AS9100 requirement in place for about 1-1/2 years. I was told by one of their quality reps that they are seeing about 70% compliance, 20% are in process of seeking registration, and the other 10% are not seeking registration.

Personally, if I can get one auditor in here to audit my ISO9001/AS9100/ISO13485 system and keep the customer audits down to a minimum (I only had 9 in 2005. Is that high or low?), I'm all for it.

D

Dubh12000

RCW said:
Personally, if I can get one auditor in here to audit my ISO9001/AS9100/ISO13485 system and keep the customer audits down to a minimum (I only had 9 in 2005. Is that high or low?), I'm all for it.

Wait for the NADCAP requirement(!)

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Wait for the NADCAP requirement(!)

I've already seen this as a requirement on Boeing purchase orders.
From what I could find, none of my processes fall into the NADCAP monitored areana. (Call me lucky, just don't call me late for dinner. :biglaugh: -- Sorry, it's Friday.)

D

Don Palmer

RCW said:
I've already seen this as a requirement on Boeing purchase orders.
From what I could find, none of my processes fall into the NADCAP monitored areana. (Call me lucky, just don't call me late for dinner. :biglaugh: -- Sorry, it's Friday.)

Great! And don't be late for dinner.:rolleyes:

BTW, I don't apologize for it being Friday.:lol: No, not me!:agree1:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Looks like Boeing is revamping their website, including the Supplier page. Check the new look @ (broken link removed)
And also (broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
and specifically the letter from August at (broken link removed)

Top Bottom