Books / Literature: Risk Management for Medical Device Software recommendations

• Thread starter QMS eager - 2010
  • Start date
Q

QMS eager - 2010

Hey Everyone,

thanks again for a splendid forum!

I´m a newbie within the Risk Management & Quality Assurance area and I´m also working in a newly started company (with very limited collected experience within risk management and quality assurance among our co-workers).

We have gained our certification for the CE-mark (Europe) so we do know ONE way to implement the standards, perform risk management and develop our processes.

However, I feel the urge to improve my general knowledge and awareness within these areas in order to improve our work!

Does anyone have any recommendations to literature or books to read to improve the work, implementation and thinking around these issues?

THANKS!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

Juan Dude

Re: Books / Literature: Risk Management for Medical Device Software

Hello, there is a lot of information here at the Cove regarding the subject matters you mention, feel free to look around and ask any question you may have, here's a good starting point regarding Risk Management: ***Search Link Fixed*** Risk Management

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor

The only book i know on the subject has been published recently - The Medical Device Industry: Developments in Software Risk Management (although, seeing the contents in Amazon, i didnt like the book very much because´it seems to focus too much on the software engineering aspect and does not seem to take into account the regulated aspect).

The other book on medical device software is "Safe and Sound Software: Creating an Efficient and Effective Quality System for Software Medical Device Organizations" (which, as the name implies, is more related to quality systems, although having a risk management chapter).

But, from your inquiry, you seem to need a more practical approach, and in this case, i would suggest you read two standards on software risk management:

AAMI TIR32:2004, Medical device software risk management

IEC TR 80002, Medical device software – Guidance on the application of ISO 14971 to medical device software

Q

QMS eager - 2010

Thanks alot for your input!

Any idea from where I can get the IEC TR 80002?

Thanks!

M

MDQSA

The IEC website says that IEC/TR 80002-1 Ed. 1.0 should be available in Dec-2009

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Non-Normal Data Analysis Literature, Websites, Books for Learning Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
G ISO 17023 2017-11 - Suggestions for good books ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
K Things to learn during lockdown.... Safety-related books/articles/threads Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
K Recommendations for books on artificial intelligence software Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
J Please Recommend books that explain how to understand IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Quality, design and related books, with a focus on medical devices Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
D What are the Essential Quality Books in the last 15 years Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
P Recommended books on ISO 27001:2013 Implementation and Internal Auditing IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
P Design for ruggedness guidance or books - Redesigning a benchtop IVD to be portable Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
G Any good resources or books for AS9100 Aerospace System Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
T Searching for books which have content of 7.1.4. Change Control topics Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
S "Answer books" for ISO/TS 16949 Implementation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
P Recommended Books on Electrical Safety Compliance for IEC 60601-1? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
Marc Report: Facebook e-mail switch changed address books After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
S Looking for recommendation on AS9100 books Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
L RAPS (Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) books - Are they worth it? Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
T Recommended Books for SQE (Supplier Quality Engineering) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 20
Q Books that have a combination of ISO 13485 and FDA Title 21 CFR Part 820 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Books for FDA Medical Device Regulatory Affairs? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
T Control of Toolroom Maintenance Log Books Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
T What are the best books on Environmental Management Systems to ISO 14001 Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 11
R CQE and CQA Training Books/Materials and related Quality Jobs Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
D Seeking Equipment Verification Standard Procedure books/guide/links Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
T Recommend books on SPC (Statistical Process Control) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
Marc National Academies Release Over 4,000 Free Science Books Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
I Recommended European Regulatory Affairs Books for Beginners Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
Q Warehousing and Distribution Operations - Books and Information help Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 6
M New to Six Sigma - Tips, Suggestions and recommendation of Good Books Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Stijloor Importing Address Books (Thunderbird and Outlook Express) into Windows Live Mail After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
S SPC (Statistical Process Control) books - Suggestions and reviews please Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
P SCM (Supply Chain Management) in Supermarkets esp in INDIA - Books/ Articles? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
R TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Reference Books Suggestions Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
J Reference books for teaching Basic Business Management Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 1
A Good books on DOE (Design of Experiments) - Recommendations wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 3
M CQIA (Certified Quality Improvement Associate) Exam: The Top 3 Definitive Books? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
D Books on How to Build Forms (Guidelines) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 5
Q Application of PPAP but no CSRs, blue books in general APQP and PPAP 1
T Good technical oriented Quality Engineering books - Recommendations wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
A Any good reference books for Design of Experiments? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 9
R Good References and Books in the field of Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Any Books for AS9100 Services Organisation Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
S Books about Automotive Spice (ISO 15504) Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
R Please recommend some good Manufacturing books to me Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 10
B Books to Understand FMEA Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 5
S Time Study Std/Books that define minimum requirements for conducting time study? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 9
W Aviation Quality Systems Management Books Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
B Books on Implementing Lean Principles Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 5
Y Please recommend some good Lean books to me Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 17
G ISO/TS 16949:2002 Guidance Books Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
R TQM Project - Books on important TQM books The Reading Room 5