Bosses from he!! [Heck...] - Identify and Avoid

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I remembered this old thread from way back when and decided to find it and apply that test to a former... Um... Certainly not leader... Not manager either... What, then...? Let's say BOSS, as he never missed an opportunity to point out that this was what he was. :rolleyes::cautious: IMO, I scored him moderately, and he still got 13 points! Oh yes, people were indeed afraid and appalled.

You can imagine the rest: We experienced a massive loss of talent during his mercifully short reign, as people jumped ship to port as well as starboard. I was hot on their heels about to follow their lead when he got fired. Not my best work experience.
It is my experience that those who constantly remind you of what they are (boss, Ph.D., pick your title) are dangerously insecure and often incompetent, horrible to work for, or both.

It is my experience that those who constantly remind you of what they are (boss, Ph.D., pick your title) are dangerously insecure and often incompetent, horrible to work for, or both.
Yes, I agree 100%. If you are a leader in the true essence of the word there is no need to do that.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
My favorite is when they put MBA after their name, like with PhD - that isn't done, people. If we all listed everything after our names, we wouldn't get past the introductions.

Randy

Super Moderator
Captain Randall L Daily, BS, MBA, A&P, D/Helo, P, GP, GGP, GySgt, SSG + a ^hit pot full more.

Yeah, I like it!

Top Bottom