Breach of Contract from Registrar (Auditor Payment Issue)

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi;

Had a nice conversation with a third party auditor that audits for a CB in USA, and the auditor was telling me that the Registrar has not paid the bills since November 2016.

The amount is up to $20,000.00 and the auditor is looking for ways to collect the money.

Any ideas...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Breach of Contract from Registrar

Work for another CB? This person apppears to be contracted so it's a B2B arrangement

A big question is whether or not the CB is accredited to ANAB or another equal body.

dsanabria

Work for another CB? This person apppears to be contracted so it's a B2B arrangement

A big question is whether or not the CB is accredited to ANAB or another equal body.
The auditor is an independent contractor and does audit for other registrar and yes - the registrar is one of the big ones - accredited by ANAB.

Does ANAB gets involved in treatment to auditors?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource

Hi;

Had a nice conversation with a third party auditor that audits for a CB in USA, and the auditor was telling me that the Registrar has not paid the bills since November 2016.

The amount is up to $20,000.00 and the auditor is looking for ways to collect the money.

Any ideas...

Well he needs a friend named "Vinnie." :)

I wonder if there was an issue with the audit which is why the non-payment. Otherwise, he probably needs to start with a frank conversation and then persue collection if need be.

normzone

Trusted Information Resource

When business is slow, consultants are usually the first to get delayed payment. Generally Annoying Accounting Practices and all that ...

dsanabria

Well he needs a friend named "Vinnie." :)

I wonder if there was an issue with the audit which is why the non-payment. Otherwise, he probably needs to start with a frank conversation and then persue collection if need be.
yes - agree Vinnie - "the Lawyer"!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

Does ANAB gets involved in treatment to auditors?
No, ANAB will not allow itself to be dragged in a commercial dispute between a CB and a contract auditor.

Maybe Judge Judy can help.

On a more serious note, one thing I learned in life is that, there is always (a minimum) of two sides for each story.

On the auditing side, for example, I've seen some auditors who consistently deliver terrible-quality audit reports and evidence to be reviewed by the CB Technical Function. Their deliverables are non-conforming and they expect full pay for substandard work?

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin

When business is slow, consultants are usually the first to get delayed payment. Generally Annoying Accounting Practices and all that ...
You also have to see the contract. I've seen net 90 on some. Then again I would never agree to anything but net 30, personally. My terms are typically "Payable on Receipt" of my invoice.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin

<snip> On a more serious note, one thing I learned in life is that, there is always (a minimum) of two sides for each story.

On the auditing side, for example, I've seen some auditors who consistently deliver terrible-quality audit reports and evidence to be reviewed by the CB Technical Function. Their deliverables are non-conforming and they expect full pay for substandard work?
Waiting 4 months to "complain" about sub-standard services by withholding payment isn't acceptable, in my opinion.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin

Waiting 4 months to "complain" about sub-standard services by withholding payment isn't acceptable, in my opinion.
I said nothing to that effect, Marc. What I said is that some auditors consistently deliver substandard work which creates additional work for CB's in terms of additional reviews and delay of audit packages processing. In the business world, when suppliers ship nonconforming products that require rework, many customers have a charge back option.

Withholding payment for services rendered is just wrong and, as the title of thread mentions is a breach of contract.

Still, people should be aware that jumping to conclusions based on a one-sided, second hand account is risky.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S In a risk analysis, how can we tie mobile app security breach to ISO 14971? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Marc Yahoo probes possible huge data breach - BBC News - 2016 World News 1
Marc Yahoo probes possible huge data breach World News 0
Jim Wynne "Massive" Epsilon Interactive Commercial Email Breach After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Sidney Vianna Another ethical breach for an ISO 9001 certified company? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
bryan willemot Contract Review and risk managment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Can signed agreements over-ride review of every "contract" under ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
JoCam FDA Registration for Sub-contract manufacturers Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
E Contract manufacturer FDA requirements foreign company US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
M We are looking for a Contract Manufacturer US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
L Sample Procedure from Contract Manufacturer Prospective ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
I Is the contract mfg. mentioned in legal manufacturer EC certificate? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
S Can a Contract Manufacturer "release" product on behalf of client to the market? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
R FCC certification (contract manufacturer) TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 1
C Contract Review with Multiple Line items ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
K ANVISA B-GMP Auditing requirements for Contract Manufacturers Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Contract manufacturer MDR Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturing Requirements and Information - Help wanted ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
G Is ISO 9001:2015 certification worth it for a company that does only contract manufacturing? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 14
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Nicole Desouza Contract / Customer Order Review Checklist Needed Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
O Identifying KPI for AS9100 8.1.4 - Prevention of Counterfeit Parts - PCB assembly contract manufacturer AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
M Contract Manufacturers and MDF Responsibilities, ISO 13485:2016, Clause 4.2.3 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Medical Device Master File - We are a contract manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Software Validation - Contract manufacturer of Components (PCBA's) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
Ed Panek Moving from Contract Manufacturing to Production In-House ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Contract Sterilization - Our company is a contract manufacturer Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Contract Manufacturer/OEM Supplier - We are a specification developer for a kitted product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Legal Manufacturer FDA Reporting Obligations for Using New Contract Sterilization Site Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L REACH Compliance - Small, family-owned contract manufacturer REACH and RoHS Conversations 16
R 21 CFR Part 820 Contract Manufacturer of Medical Device Component 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Ed Panek Bringing Production in house from Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S 21 CFR 810 - Medical Device Recall Authority - Contract Manufacturing Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
U Internal auditing - Company employees or contract second party Internal Auditing 10
B Interesting Discussion The legal aspects of Customer Specific Requirements (Contract Law). IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
M ISO 80079-34 certified contract manufacturer needed Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
Ed Panek Observational Audit of Contract Manufacturer Production ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Is it okay to store the design files (device drawings) at contract manufacturer location? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Contract Manufacturer of a Finished Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
supadrai Changes to QMS - Contract Term ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G ISO 13485:2016 and regulatory requirements - Contract Manufacturing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 22
D EU MDR - Contract Manufacturer vs Legal Manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
P Tactics to get cooperation from Contract Manufactuers Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
B Non Applications in ISO 13485:2016 for component contract manufacturers ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C AS9100D Contract Review Contract Review Process 8
S Contract Packager or Repackager? And can client assume responsibility? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
I Certificate of Exportability - Contract manufacturer located outside the US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
J KPI's for AS9100 Cl. 8.2/8.5 - Bids/Contract Review/Order Entry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
S Is company “A” a contract manufacturer, a labeler, or a repackager 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5