Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act of 2005 (S 910/HR1849)

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I try to keep politics out of the forums, but I feel this is a reasonable exception. Breast cancer has touched the lives of a lot of people who visit here, and I wanted to take a moment today to ask for your help. A bill has been re-introduced in Congress that needs a little push:

In September, as part of the network's award-winning Stop Breast Cancer for Life campaign, Lifetime Television and Grammy-nominated singer/songwriter Jewel delivered more than 12 million petition signatures to Capitol Hill, urging Congress to pass the bipartisan Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act of 2005 (S 910/HR1849). The bill would allow a woman and her doctor to decide whether she should recuperate for at least 48 hours in the hospital or whether she has enough support to get quality care at home following this emotionally and physically difficult surgery. The bill was reintroduced in 2007 with the support of 14 million signatures from Lifetime's online petition. (Get more information on this act.)

Please take a moment, click thru this link, and sign the petition to help push this legislation forward. Health care decisions should be made by the patient and her doctor, and not by some bean counter who is only concerned with the bottom line and not what the patient may medically and emotionally need. A breast cancer patient should not have to suffer through a drive-thru mastectomy. This is a difficult enough fight for the women who have to live through it, and depriving them of adequate medical care simply because you think you can is not a good enough excuse.

And then please call your Senators and tell them to support S. 459. (You can reach the Capitol Switchboard toll free via 888-355-3588.) Thanks so much.

Top Bottom