Briefcase on Windows 7...

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Friends,

Why is my Microsoft Briefcase application running so darn slooooooow on my new laptop computer?
XP Briefcase is a breeze... Windows 7, is very slow. :frust: :frust:

Any help is highly appreciated.

Stijloor.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Well, you did say that any help is highly appreciated. OK, how about reading this about 3rd-party software and startup items, or trying this as an alternative to briefcase?

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
I have found Windows 7 64 bit is the best way to hinder the usefulness of any good computer. :(

T

True Position

I have found Windows 7 64 bit is the best way to hinder the usefulness of any good computer. :(

Really? I've been very happy with it's speed on my new desktop.

If you're looking for a way to easily transfer files I know a lot of people really like http://www.dropbox.com/. The 2gb account level is free as well.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Oh, the speed of what it will do is more than adequate. It is getting legacy programs to work. It is between brutal and hopeless. There is also no guarantee that they will work after dumping the upgrade bucks into 7 Pro and its virtual XP mode. Lovely...

But, yes...it has lightning fast Facebook!

T

True Position

Oh, the speed of what it will do is more than adequate. It is getting legacy programs to work. It is between brutal and hopeless. There is also no guarantee that they will work after dumping the upgrade bucks into 7 Pro and its virtual XP mode. Lovely...

But, yes...it has lightning fast Facebook!

I don't have any XP only applications so I don't have the backwards compatibility issues. Your argument seems to be: 'If you have XP only applications to run, you should use XP.' (Or get Win7 Pro with the virtual machine). It would be like saying: 'Windows XP sucks, my Windows 95 only applications don't work.'

Top Bottom