BSI-CEEM RAB approved ISO 9001:2000 Lead Auditor Course

M

mhans

Lead Auditor's Course for 9001:2000

Hello Everyone,

According to the course for Lead Auditor for 9001:2000, it covers the differences between 1994 and 2000. It also provides techniques on how to Audit for 9001:2000.

As far as auditing... I've conducted several internal audits based on the new 9001:2000 and yes, there is a lot more "detail" but it does clarify the elements better. To help my auditors, I've created a form for them to use that has ALL the elements already listed, so they can use this form when writing-up there findings for Obs and NC's. This has helped the Auditors conduct their audits much easier for them. I've had great results.

Also.. The exam for 9001:2000 is open book, but don't let that fool you.. You still need to know the elements VERY well. The exam is timed.

Hope this helps...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Mhans - Thanks for the information and welcome to the Cove.

Who did you take the course through? Was the exam for an upgrade for a registrar or was it a commercial course with an exam at the end?

Dave

B

Bob_M

I attended a BSI-CEEM Lead Auditor Course This October

I attended the BSI-CEEM RAB approved Lead Auditor Course this October in the Detroit Area. It was taught by Arthur Lewis who wrote the course for CEEM.

Being very unfamilar with IS0 9001:1994 and 2000 and having never audited I found the course to be very informative.

Although I don't have a FULL grasp on how a 9001:2000 QMS should really be structured (I'm working on converting from 94 to 00 now) the course showed you repeatly the important clauses and how they should be applied.

The course was a good starting point for my "Quality/Auditing Career" (if that's were I'm going) but it did not quite give me ALL I needed/wanted to make the transistion to real life application of the standards and auditing techniques. Basically only practice and time will help there.

I learned alot about 9001:2000 and what my company needs to do, unfortunately its not a class that teaches you HOW to do it the 2000 way (implement that is).

Any suggestion/tips/help/links to get a NEW Quality Guy headed in the right direction for updating a 1994 QMS/Audit Program to the 2000 version would be greatly appreciated. (The cheaper the better, small company with even smaller budget :frust: )

Thanks Bob M

Bob_m/mhans,
Did either of your auditing classes discuss the process approach to auditing . If so, could you share some of the details ?

Randy

Super Moderator
I can specifically tell you that the BSI course addresses the "Process Approach". Art Lewis (a good friend and co-worker/contractor type buddy) has this down pretty good. He is also a TS-16949 guru.

B

Bob_M

Sam said:

Bob_m/mhans,
Did either of your auditing classes discuss the process approach to auditing . If so, could you share some of the details ?
Yes our class and Art definately spent alot of time talking about the process approach.

If all I needed to know what how to audit to 2000 this course would have covered it by about 150% IMHO.

Since I also need to update/implement the new process approach, I have plenty of questions since I have no GOOD (and similar) examples to compare/review. NOTE: The course did have a sample QM but it was not perfect (we audited it) and its not quite the same type of business. But I can use it as a reference for wording and structure.

My $0.0002 worth

Bob_M

M

mhans

Lead Auditor's Course

Sorry for replying so late.. I've been away in Fla for business.. Yeah it was tough.. (smirking..)

The course I took was somewhat hard... I know ISO 9001:1994 and 2000 like the back of my hand, and I also conduct Internal audits and re-audits.. I'm not trying to tute my own horn, but just because you know the elements, please don't think the course is a breeze...

The course I took included many case studies and a lot of homework. I can say that if you go into it not knowing the elements, by the time you complete the week's course, you'll have most if not all memorized. The elements are drilled into you day and night. Homework is given, as well as group homework. By the time the class that I was in took the final exam.. everyone passed it without trouble.

If you're looking into attending a course, please make sure it's worth your money... It was worth every cent for me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Experience working with TUV SUD or Rheinland, and/or BSI Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
Judy Abbott Activation of complement at 90 min - BSI requested for justifications to support the biocompatibility of the device EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational EU – New notified body designated under the MDR – NB 2797 BSI Group The Netherlands B.V. Netherlands Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational BSI UK notified under the IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational BSI certifies first product to the Medical Devices Regulation Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 10
M Informational BSI – ISO 13485 and products with May 2020 deadline for MDR certification Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Scope of BSI for the MDR – Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational First NB designated to the EU MDR regulation – BSI UK Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M BSI – Want to know more about the Notified Body? Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
M Informational BSI – MDR Documentation Submissions Best Practices Guidelines Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News BSI achieves Designation for its Netherlands Medical Devices Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L BSI White Paper on Human Factors/Usability Engineering IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 12
P What qualifications are required to become an auditor for a CB (BSI, for example)? Career and Occupation Discussions 4
S BSI's ISO 13485 certificate does not mention AC 2009 corrigendum Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
A BSI Diploma Quality Management Course ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M BSI-Free webinars Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
S Observation from BSI Audit of our Internal Audit Plan Internal Auditing 8
Coury Ferguson BSI receives AS9104/1 ANAB Accreditation - October 2012 Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
B Bureau Veritas Certification Body: SAI global ?BSI? Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
L BSI Logo - Requirements when using the BSI logo to show certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Does BSI do ISO 9001/TS 16949 Lead Auditor training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
Howard Atkins BSI changes accreditation - ANAB will provide accreditation services to BSI Registrars and Notified Bodies 34
Manix BSI Management System Webinars 2008 Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
Sidney Vianna New customer service guidelines from BSI - BS 8477 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
Sidney Vianna BSI publishes world?s first business relationship specification Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 12
A BSI ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Course registration number? Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
D MSA and Number of operators - BSI auditor: 3 operators must be used for Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
I ISO 20000 IT Service Management Standard published - Based on BSI standard BS 15000 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
1 Recommended!! For TS16949 Certification through BSI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
S BSI ISO/TS 16949:2002 Requirements to Management System Matrix Form Help Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
B BSI PreAssessment Visit ISO 94-2000 - What to expect? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
D What is OHSAS 18001? An auditable Occupational Health & Safety System standard - BSi Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 17
Marc BSI and OSHA Web Site Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
R TR 16949 - BSI Projectline Database IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
SteelMaiden Is there a List of RAB (Registrar Accreditation Board) Auditors? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 45
S RAB Approved Lead Auditor Training on AS 9001 in Asia? E.G Dubai, Turkey, China? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q RAB Accredited TS 16949 Lead Auditor Course in the LA area - Seeking information IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q RAB 17024 & New Coke! RABQSA Suspends 17024 Transition Deadline ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
Z ASQ or RAB Auditor Certification - Which is Better? ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
Sidney Vianna ANAB Accreditation - ANSI-RAB NAP ceases to exist 1/1/05 (ISO/IEC 17011 and the IAF) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 10
M Gaining experience for RAB QALA Certification General Auditing Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna RAB looking for a few good comments ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
C RAB Auditor Certification Response Time ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 26
Randy Discussion: The RAB (Registrar Accreditation Board) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 34
Sidney Vianna ANSI-RAB NAP (Registrar Accreditation Board) Registrar Suspensions ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 117
J EPA Position Paper on EMS from the RAB ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 8
W RAB and TS-16949 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 6
B RAB/IRCA accredited course for ISO-17025 Quality System Lead Assessor ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
M ISO 9000 QMS Lead Auditor Certification Question - RAB, IRCA ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 14
CarolX Quality from the RAB ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1