Bug Thread and Verio Server

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
So far so unexpectedly good. I couldn't believe that this would go so smoothly.

This is a test thread and new bug thread. Please report any bugs here.

I'm off for some sleep. Hopefully things will go better on this server.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

Mary Hartman

Test reply

Marc said:
So far so unexpectedly good. I couldn't believe that this would go so smoothly.

This is a test thread and new bug thread. Please report any bugs here.

Reply test. Just seeing if it's working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Marc.

Marc said:
---X---
That was fast considering what you were up against :agree:. Like I've said on numerous occasions, the Cove is a truly brilliant tool and Cove withdrawal symptoms are an awful experience.

But: Neither you nor the rest of us will benefit if you work yourself sick. Now, for the love of mercy, get some sleep will you? I can see that you're still on line. Go to bed, it is working...;)...

And hey: Thank's for gettin things back on the road again.

/Claes

J

JaySturgeon

Great Job

BOY AMEN TO THE WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS. How much you miss soemthing when it is not avaailable. Just proves we always take way too much for granted.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

Jay Sturgeon

:bigwave:

D

David Hartman

Great Job Marc! And thanks for ALL your effort in providing us with such a great resource. :agree: :bigwave:

Now if we could just get you converted to a conservative Republican :biglaugh:

B

Bob_M

Seems to work just fine so far. And just as fast as the last server 2? days ago.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!!

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm confused. When I open the home page, I see a report of the number of users (x members, y visitors), together with the screen names of the members.

Further down the page, I see a list of the various forum topics with a number of viewers for each. When I add up the numbers of viewers for all of the various forum topics, the numbers reported at the top of the page do not reconcile with the tally - the number at the top often being a magnitude of two times the total obtained by adding the viewer numbers after each topic.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
The numbers at the top are absolute numbers. Who you can actually see online depends upon permissions and users who set themselves to 'invisible'.

In addition, in the view you are describing it shows who's in what forum but does not show who is doing searches, in their User Control Panel, checking private e-mail and such. Thus, you will almost always find fewer people 'viewing forums' than the absolute number of people online.

I can't think of a reason that a factor of 2 would be involved.

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks for the rapid response - I'm up because I watched the Cubs and Marlins, I can't imagine why someone on an hour earlier time zone would still be up - you must have an iron constitution.

The answer makes a lot of sense - I had supposed "ghosts" [invisible viewers] would have been invisible everywhere. The concept of email, private messages, moderator's forums, etc. had not occurred to me.

Still, "guests" wouldn't be doing any of that (supposing "guests" are unregistered users) - where do they hide? Are they all off purchasing access to documents?

The factor of two to one was a rough estimate (one time there were 38 guests and only 18 or 19 total showing up in the tally for all visible forums; another time 21 when the top of the page showed 48 guests.) I did not mean to imply it was an exact ratio.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Software bug fixes after shipping a product EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
R In a software development company: Is every bug reported by the customer a complaint? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 27
A Software Medical Device Bug Fixes: Correction or Corrective Action? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
S SW (Software) Deferred Bug Fix - FDA Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
Marc Adobe Warns of Critical Flash Bug, Already Being Exploited After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
N Ways to avoid injected bugs while Bug fixing (software) Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
D Letter to inform customers about software bug ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
Marc 2016 Bug Hits Text Messages, Payment Processing After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
W Beware of Excel 2007 bug Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 5
Marc Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview - Bug reports are flooding in After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 3
Wes Bucey Shades of the Millenium Bug! After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 10
DuncanGibbons Additive Manufacturing Processes Thread Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V Thread Plug Gage Pitch GO Diameter out of spec AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 8
C Aluminum galling on thread plug gauge Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
ScottK Measuring thread flank angle on a screw Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
G Oversized Threads - What sized stab pin would be best to quickly check for oversized thread holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
H Thread Plug Gauge Tolerances General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
A Cost effective thread gaging with ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
APHX02 Thread Roll Process Verification w/in AS9100 (i.e. BSP-F-69/AS8879) Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Thread Tolerance - Can I use a 3A Ring on a part that the drawing calls out for a 2A? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Error trying to Start a New Thread Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 2
M NPT thread gauging and the "rapping" process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Marc Basic - How to Start a New Discussion Thread Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
S What the difference is between Stub Acme & Acme thread? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
Marc Printable Discussion Thread View Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 0
S Thread Ring Gauge verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
O Thread Diameter as a Datum Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
O ISO 9001:2015 Transition Internal Audit completion thread ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
R Thread plug chip groove - Thread plugs without the chip groove General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S Unique ID Required for Thread Gage Replacements? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M Calibration of Thread Plugs and Ring Gages - Various Thread Standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P Thread recommendation for Cast Iron part Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Thread callout - M22 x 1.0-6H 0.100R Thread Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
4 In-House Thread Wire Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
C Manufacturing Thread Ring Gages Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
E External Thread Cosmetic/Appearance Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C Thread Gage Training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
C Measuring Solid Thread Ring Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
P Best Method of Cleaning of Thread Ring Gages Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
G Sequence and Frequency of Calibration for Thread Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
A Product Impact When Thread Rings Require Adjustment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
kedarg6500 How to calculate Thread Pitch Diameter for non standard TPI like 5/8" 17.75 NF3 Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
I How to determine the thread wire size needed - Buttress Thread Gauge General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Roll Form Thread Standard Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Thread Gage Longevity Question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
kedarg6500 Availability of 5/8" 17.75 TPI Thread Ring Gauge & Die Nut Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
N Formula that will calculate the NoGo Major Diameter of an M20 x 1.5 6H Thread gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
6 Print Callout for a Special Thread - 1.173-18 UNS-3A Major Dia. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Calibration of Master Thread Plug Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2