Bug Thread and Verio Server

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
So far so unexpectedly good. I couldn't believe that this would go so smoothly.

This is a test thread and new bug thread. Please report any bugs here.

I'm off for some sleep. Hopefully things will go better on this server.

M

Mary Hartman

Test reply

Marc said:
So far so unexpectedly good. I couldn't believe that this would go so smoothly.

This is a test thread and new bug thread. Please report any bugs here.

Reply test. Just seeing if it's working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Marc.

Marc said:
---X---
That was fast considering what you were up against :agree:. Like I've said on numerous occasions, the Cove is a truly brilliant tool and Cove withdrawal symptoms are an awful experience.

But: Neither you nor the rest of us will benefit if you work yourself sick. Now, for the love of mercy, get some sleep will you? I can see that you're still on line. Go to bed, it is working...;)...

And hey: Thank's for gettin things back on the road again.

/Claes

J

JaySturgeon

Great Job

BOY AMEN TO THE WITHDRAW SYMPTOMS. How much you miss soemthing when it is not avaailable. Just proves we always take way too much for granted.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

Jay Sturgeon

:bigwave:

M

Mary Hartman

I just want to see it KEEP working.

Got some sleep but the cat woke me up.

D

David Hartman

Great Job Marc! And thanks for ALL your effort in providing us with such a great resource. :agree: :bigwave:

Now if we could just get you converted to a conservative Republican :biglaugh:

B

Bob_M

Seems to work just fine so far. And just as fast as the last server 2? days ago.

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I'm confused. When I open the home page, I see a report of the number of users (x members, y visitors), together with the screen names of the members.

Further down the page, I see a list of the various forum topics with a number of viewers for each. When I add up the numbers of viewers for all of the various forum topics, the numbers reported at the top of the page do not reconcile with the tally - the number at the top often being a magnitude of two times the total obtained by adding the viewer numbers after each topic.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
The numbers at the top are absolute numbers. Who you can actually see online depends upon permissions and users who set themselves to 'invisible'.

In addition, in the view you are describing it shows who's in what forum but does not show who is doing searches, in their User Control Panel, checking private e-mail and such. Thus, you will almost always find fewer people 'viewing forums' than the absolute number of people online.

I can't think of a reason that a factor of 2 would be involved.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Thanks for the rapid response - I'm up because I watched the Cubs and Marlins, I can't imagine why someone on an hour earlier time zone would still be up - you must have an iron constitution.

The answer makes a lot of sense - I had supposed "ghosts" [invisible viewers] would have been invisible everywhere. The concept of email, private messages, moderator's forums, etc. had not occurred to me.

Still, "guests" wouldn't be doing any of that (supposing "guests" are unregistered users) - where do they hide? Are they all off purchasing access to documents?

The factor of two to one was a rough estimate (one time there were 38 guests and only 18 or 19 total showing up in the tally for all visible forums; another time 21 when the top of the page showed 48 guests.) I did not mean to imply it was an exact ratio.

Top Bottom