Bugle Calls

H

hausser

The main camp bell wasn't the only thing regulating our lives during the 1950's. There was a loudspeaker system, originating inside the Craft Shop, that would play bugle calls.

There was "Revalee" to wake us up; "Assembly" to gather us all up by the flag pole in formation; "Tattoo" for the raising and lowering of the flag; and "Taps" at night.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

GeorgeH

The camp bell still existed when I visited the Tosebo B&B about 4 years ago. It was stored in a little outbuilding between the kitchen and the shower house. I remember first seeing the bell when I first arrived (age 10) at Tosebo in 1952. Not knowing that it served a purpose, I pulled the cord to hear it ring--Mrs Roskie came quickly across the yard to stop me. A few minutes later Ron Messner (horse counselor) came from the barn thinking it was dinner time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Thread Tolerance - Can I use a 3A Ring on a part that the drawing calls out for a 2A? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Informational From the Implant Files – French commission calls for massive medtech regulation overhaul Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
B NB won't issue CE Certificate or return phone calls CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
Marc NHTSA calls for nationwide Takata airbag recall World News 1
M Radius Measurement question - Print that calls out a 5.5-5.7mm Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
B AS 9104/1 - Can anyone briefly explain me what AS 9104/1 calls for? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J Quality Objectives - Telephone Calls ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Ronen E European Commission calls for action following PIP's Breast Implant Saga EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Who hates conference calls? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
D Customer Complaints & Service Calls - FDA Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 14
Marc World Bank president calls for debate on global gold standard World News 0
B Tolerance on Thread Angle - Drawing calls for M4 external thread to BS3643 Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
R Copper Flash Tin Plate - Part that calls for Dull Tin Finish with a Copper Flash Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
9 Consulting Fees - Charging for phone calls, emails, etc. Consultants and Consulting 29
Stijloor Consultants, have you received calls from Registrars lately? Registrars and Notified Bodies 9
J Definition OTP CIRC - Old drawing (1968) that calls out a dimension within .005" OTP CIRC Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
R Headhunters/Recruiters Calls & Questions?? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
ScottK Been getting phone calls on my mobile with a single digit area code? (USA) After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
ScottK Responding to calls for references, how do you handle it? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
E Sample Size for calls to be monitored? Call Center Customer Service Representative Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
Marc Verizon Executive Calls for End to Google's 'Free Lunch' After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
P FYI - FDANews Calls for authors US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
W Coming soon, telemarketing calls on your Cell! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
R Looking at 21 CFR 820.20 which calls out in section (d) for Quality Planning ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2