Definition Bulk Material - What is bulk material? Coil processing plant

G

Gilberto - 2009

Re: What is bulk material?

For automotiva industry, bulk material is everything that still does not have defined form, or either PART.

Do you understands ?

G

Gilberto - 2009

Re: What is bulk material?

For my meaning, bulk material is like chemicals or paint that you mix in a tank. It has the same properties all through the tank. After packaging, every bottles still have the same properties.
So, I think your product is not bulk material.

My definition for material in bulk is: Everything what still it does not have definite form (continue process, sampling is equivalent 100% of inspection). Example: Panel of the car, the supplied plastic is bulk material (without form it defines) after the molding of exactly forming the part, yes is considered a part there.

adeyemi

Registered
is slitted sheet metal bulk material

We are plant which process cold rolled steel coil, just cut to a certain width, and delivery to customer in sheet, also sold by weight. the TS16949 auditor consider it as production part instead of bulk material, ask us to submit regular PPAP for each sizes, we have hundreds of different sizes, how come? according to PPAP 4th ver, I think it should fall under bulk material "(fabrics; film and film laminates; ferrous and non-ferrous metals (bulk steel, aluminum, coils, ingots)".
Hope to get assistance from you.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Re: is slitted sheet metal bulk material

We are plant which process cold rolled steel coil, just cut to a certain width, and delivery to customer in sheet, also sold by weight. the TS16949 auditor consider it as production part instead of bulk material, ask us to submit regular PPAP for each sizes, we have hundreds of different sizes, how come? according to PPAP 4th ver, I think it should fall under bulk material "(fabrics; film and film laminates; ferrous and non-ferrous metals (bulk steel, aluminum, coils, ingots)".
Hope to get assistance from you.

Master coils would be considered bulk material because of how they are produced by the mill. I think even slit coils would already fall outside. But, I think your product would no longer qualify. However, that is really not the correct issue. The AIAG PPAP manual supports the idea of a family or group of parts being covered on one PPAP. the auditor is wrong on that part.

Also, TS does not require AIAG PPAP. That is a customer requirement. Some customers require that format, and some require a similar but different format. TS only requires that a Product Approval method approved by the customer be used (cl 7.3.6.3). If the customer says you can combine them into one, then it is fine. The auditor cannot specify beyond what the customer requires in this context.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

:thanx:
Master coils would be considered bulk material because of how they are produced by the mill. I think even slit coils would already fall outside. But, I think your product would no longer qualify. However, that is really not the correct issue. The AIAG PPAP manual supports the idea of a family or group of parts being covered on one PPAP. the auditor is wrong on that part.

Also, TS does not require AIAG PPAP. That is a customer requirement. Some customers require that format, and some require a similar but different format. TS only requires that a Product Approval method approved by the customer be used (cl 7.3.6.3). If the customer says you can combine them into one, then it is fine. The auditor cannot specify beyond what the customer requires in this context.

Thank you. I know we are supplying bulk materials but this detailed reason why our PPAPs are somewhat different from the widget suppliers, is somewhat new to me.

adeyemi

Registered

Thanks Helmut,
actually, our customer never ask us to submit PPAP, the TUV SUD - TS auditor required, otherwise, she will not close non-conformance.
their auditor is very stubbon.
the key issue is our slitted sheet is bulk or not, TUV-RHINE, BV, BSI consider it as bulk.
if it is bulk, no need PPAP or to customer requirement.
how come it is a production part? I don't understand.

Top Bottom