Business case for an electronic EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services)

L

LesPiles

Hello

Last week we have received auditors from a potential customer in the automotive (a major). One of its stopping parameter is the implementation of ISO 14001.

Of course, my bosses don't want to go for it until it is economically sound.

Can someone help by providing economic evaluation for the implementation of this environmental standard ? I'm in an EMS (electronic Manufacturing Services).

Thanks to all in advance !

LesPiles

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello

Last week we have received auditors from a potential customer in the automotive (a major). One of its stopping parameter is the implementation of ISO 14001.

Can someone help by providing economic evaluation for the implementation of this environmental standard ? I'm in an EMS (electronic Manufacturing Services).

LesPiles

LesPiles,

Here are a few sources:

http://www.epa.gov/osbp/pdfs/smart_steps_greening_guide_042101.pdf

http://www.nextlifeelectronics.com/certifications/

Enjoy,

John

Last edited:

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hello

LesPiles
Hi LesPiles ...
One of the reason for any management certification is the "Business reason"
I am sure your bosses know business well.
Now how much you (the bosses included) want this new business. You will also realize that any other new major customer will also come about looking for your Environmental commitment vide a certification to ISO14k. Big guys are talking about sustainability in supply chain wherein Environmental management system (EMS) is a major element.
Being in EMS, I can tell you that you are not in a highly polluting type of industry.
EMS in EMS is quite simple and your legal requirements perhaps are well addressed already and you bring that as well into management system.
Its an investment you make towards new business, and as a bi-product you will see improved performance over time.

Top Bottom