Microsoft Office 365 Business plan questions

geimanangel

Starting to get Involved
Our organization is under 200 people. I am just starting to learn about all the options and it seems to change over time. My understanding is that the business essentials and premium plans use exchange plan 1 which has no archiving. It seems we may need plan 2. Can you add plan 2 for the $4 difference?
Also wondered if this can be done to a mixture of essential and premium users. So an essential user would be $9 with exch2, and a premium user would be 16.50 with exch 2. This idea would be limiting the number of premium users.
Another thought is whether it may be better/worse to use an archiving service outside of 365. We currently use a barracuda with our on-premise exchange.
thx

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
You say you're just starting to explore all of the options, but you don't tell us what options and what service or software you're referring to. More information please?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Sounds like it's a consideration of options under Office 365.

As far as I know, you can mix and match licenses as you desire. You may want to open a discussion with Microsoft, though, to talk through it. They've actually been pretty good and helping me through a few things. I can't answer anything about archiving.

geimanangel

Starting to get Involved

As far as I know, you can mix and match licenses as you desire. You may want to open a discussion with Microsoft, though, to talk through it. They've actually been pretty good and helping me through a few things. I can't answer anything about archiving.
yes, you said that

geimanangel

Starting to get Involved

no response

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
no response

Sorry, just not exactly sure how to answer. @Jim Wynne provided probably the best advice. They (MS) area actually pretty helpful when it comes to explaining their products. We have a mix of Plan 1 (email only, $4/use/month) and E3 (Office Suite + email $20/user/month) and a smattering of other things (Visio, MS Project).

I don't really know anything about archiving.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
@Jim Wynne and @yodon : My interpretation of @geimanangel's "no response" meant that no response had come back from Microsoft (i.e., there has been an effort to reach out to MS and they have not replied). I don't think it was focused on your responses.

Top Bottom