Buying Minitab / other SPC or Statistical software

C

chris chatfield

Hallo out there,
Has anyone any experience of installing and using enterprise wide SPC software, i.e. StatSofts SEWSS and its like? On paper they sound fine: Can input measurements to a database and obtain SPC diagrams,can access all OBDC data bases thus can link all quality data on a given batch/order to anyone interested, can generate reports automatically for dispatch to all and sundry, but do they work?
Hoping for response,
Regards, Chris.

------------------

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Svante

Seeing you come from Sweden... take a look at the Swedish company <a href="http://www.rektron.se/">Rektron</a>. In my eyes their program package is very attractive. Good luck. Oh by the way... when using a computerized SPC-tool... be careful to know what you are doing. There are so many different types of SPC and different purposes for using it.

P

piphat01

Where to buy Minitab software?

i would like sofeware"minitab" where i can buy it? and more sofeware for statistic in factory and service please inform me.
tankyou

J

J.R. Strickland

Minitab has a good website (www.minitab.com) where you can download a complete working copy that works for 30 days. You can send an email to [email protected] for inquiries to determine how to purchase Minitab. By the way, it is an excellent software package and is used by most of the major 6 Sigma Black Belt companies in North America. It is much easier to use than some of the other packages.

------------------

C

chris chatfield

Svante,
Many thanks for your information, but we already use Rektron´s product. What I am interested in is software that as well as an SPC interface also offers statistical analysis beyond that required for SPC as well as the ability to extract information from other, non SPC databases plus the ability to generate automatic reports via intranets, etc. The ability to cook good coffee is also an advantage.
Regards,
Chris.

[This message has been edited by chris chatfield (edited 10 November 2000).]

P

peng_s

hi friends,
I am new to R.I would like to know R-PLUS.Does any know where can I get the free training for R-PLUS.
Regards,
Peng.

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
hi friends,
I am new to R.I would like to know R-PLUS.Does any know where can I get the free training for R-PLUS.
Regards,
Peng.
The site has various links and also a blog. You can also contact this company directly and find out what else they can offer in terms of training.

Stijloor.

V

Vasant

Hi,

I am using VSPC software of Ge Fanuc alongwith Minitab for analysis.

Please ask the queries so that i can reply

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
It really depends on the process you are trying to control, the various inputs and outputs you are dealing with. InfinityQS is capable of doing much of what the OP has described - although more details are really required to make an adequate recommendation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScottK Buying an older version of Minitab - are they available? Using Minitab Software 2
C FDA Establishment registration - Buying some medical devices from another manufacturer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
C ASL - Buying from unqualified manufacturers through qualified distributors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Ed Panek Inactive key supplier question - We are not actively buying from them ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 "Information for External Providers" buying from online retailers. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
E Buying Radiopaque Dyes for IQC Testing Purposes Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
N Can I Get a Tax Break for Buying my First Home in 2016? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
I Buying a competitors product for SE testing Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
JoCam Buying and selling Class I and II medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Are Refurbished Laptops worth buying? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
T Previews before buying standards? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
I New AIAG CQI guidelines published - Are they worth buying? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
D Buying a Temperature and Humidity Device, and Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K What to look for when buying non-inventory products such as Gas & Electricity Service Industry Specific Topics 2
D Buying the ISO 9001:2008 Handbook for Small Businesses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Calibration - Buying New Tools - How do you determine the next calibration date? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
L What is OS1634/2004? Customer from OMAN buying Lubricating Oil IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
smryan Analytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Verniers - Looking for feedback on buying from Insize.com General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Howard Atkins A search can save money - Buying Standards Imported Legacy Blogs 5
P Where can I take a peek at ASTM standards without buying? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
Ted Schmitt Outsourced Process or Purchased Product - Buying OEM Valves ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
GStough What is your favorite source for buying more RAM? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 33
Scott Catron Tape-less digital video camera buying advice After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
Le Chiffre Anything to be aware of when buying "re-titled" ISO standards? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P CE technical file - Buying Surgical Mask from China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
apestate Where to buy standards? Best bang for buying standards buck Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
P Buying a standard is cheap in India Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
Marc Thinking of buying a Dell computer? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 22
S 7.4 - Excluding the buying process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P AS9100 Verification of purchases - Metals stockist buying directly from mills AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
L Measuring Equipment, Which Manufacturers? Buying All New Laboratory Gages - Devices General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Marc Buying Customer Scrap because of poor internal procedures Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23
Howard Atkins When Buying Standards, Shop Around IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Marc Buying ISO 14001 in pdf Format Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
M Buying books at lowest price and selling used books - Recommendations? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
J Gage Pin Quality - Buying new pin sets cheaper than calibrating our current sets General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
Marc Canned Documentation - Buying Forms and Procedures - Are the worth it? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
Z Minitab - Updating Graph with specific data points Using Minitab Software 2
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Minitab assistant: 1-Sample % Defective Test Using Minitab Software 1
0 Interesting Discussion Analysis of half normal distribution in minitab Using Minitab Software 11
G Batch printing reports in Minitab Using Minitab Software 3
B Minitab Type 1 Gage Study on True Position Question Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
V Minitab GRR crossed Xbar and r method macro needed Using Minitab Software 9
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
A Acceptance p-value for linearity and bias analysis in minitab results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
M How to change the display of optimization plot in Minitab 18 Using Minitab Software 2
M Minitab tool to evaluate PM (Preventive Maintenance) process Using Minitab Software 6
E Input to ANOVA 1-WAY - How can I perform this analysis in minitab? Using Minitab Software 2