Buying Radiopaque Dyes for IQC Testing Purposes

I work for a US Medical Device Manufacturer, and we are in the process of purchasing Radiopaque Dyes / Contrast Media for testing purposes only. Would our company need a pharmaceutical license to buy these prescription drugs or would our FDA Establishment license suffice?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
I'm not in medical...but that sounds like a great question to ask the seller, not an online forum.

Even if your existing license legally permits the sale, it doesn't mean that the seller will sell you any. I would ask them what is needed to make the sale go through.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C FDA Establishment registration - Buying some medical devices from another manufacturer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
C ASL - Buying from unqualified manufacturers through qualified distributors Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Ed Panek Inactive key supplier question - We are not actively buying from them ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.4.3 "Information for External Providers" buying from online retailers. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N Can I Get a Tax Break for Buying my First Home in 2016? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
I Buying a competitors product for SE testing Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
JoCam Buying and selling Class I and II medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C Are Refurbished Laptops worth buying? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 9
T Previews before buying standards? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 7
I New AIAG CQI guidelines published - Are they worth buying? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
D Buying a Temperature and Humidity Device, and Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K What to look for when buying non-inventory products such as Gas & Electricity Service Industry Specific Topics 2
D Buying the ISO 9001:2008 Handbook for Small Businesses ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Calibration - Buying New Tools - How do you determine the next calibration date? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
L What is OS1634/2004? Customer from OMAN buying Lubricating Oil IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
smryan Analytical Scale - Seeking brand and buying advice General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S Verniers - Looking for feedback on buying from Insize.com General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Howard Atkins A search can save money - Buying Standards Imported Legacy Blogs 5
P Where can I take a peek at ASTM standards without buying? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
Ted Schmitt Outsourced Process or Purchased Product - Buying OEM Valves ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
GStough What is your favorite source for buying more RAM? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 33
Scott Catron Tape-less digital video camera buying advice After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 4
ScottK Buying an older version of Minitab - are they available? Using Minitab Software 2
Le Chiffre Anything to be aware of when buying "re-titled" ISO standards? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P CE technical file - Buying Surgical Mask from China ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
apestate Where to buy standards? Best bang for buying standards buck Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 4
P Buying a standard is cheap in India Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
Marc Thinking of buying a Dell computer? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 22
S 7.4 - Excluding the buying process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
P AS9100 Verification of purchases - Metals stockist buying directly from mills AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
L Measuring Equipment, Which Manufacturers? Buying All New Laboratory Gages - Devices General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Marc Buying Customer Scrap because of poor internal procedures Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 23
Howard Atkins When Buying Standards, Shop Around IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Marc Buying ISO 14001 in pdf Format Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 11
M Buying books at lowest price and selling used books - Recommendations? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 8
J Gage Pin Quality - Buying new pin sets cheaper than calibrating our current sets General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C Buying Minitab / other SPC or Statistical software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
Marc Canned Documentation - Buying Forms and Procedures - Are the worth it? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
K Are Azo Dyes and PCP involved in the RoHS Directive? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4