C=0 and Skip Lot Sampling Plan Relationship

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

adolfopn

I would think they are mutually exclusive but do not have empirical data to prove it. I would think you can use the AQL and LTPD from the C=0 plans to set the skip lot intervals.

thanks Steven for your promt reply.
I don't know how to set up the skip lot intervals using AQL and LTPD. Do you know how? or Could you provide a reference article, book, etc to get familiar with this procedure? I have the "Zero Acceptance Number Sampling plans", fourth edition bt Nicholas L. Squeglia so far.
:thanx:

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Staff member
Super Moderator
G

Geoff Withnell

I would personally ONLY use c=0 plans if I was doing skip lot sampling. To quote the NIST reference " However skip-lot sampling should only be used when it has been demonstrated that the quality of the submitted product is very good." To my mind, if you find a defect, the demonstration of the quality of the submitted product being very good fails. You should then return to normal sampling.

Geoff Withnell

A

adolfopn

Thanks for your feedback. So can we use both C=0 and skip lot sampling plans at the same time when product inspected has demonstrated acceptable quality?

G

Geoff Withnell

Thanks for your feedback. So can we use both C=0 and skip lot sampling plans at the same time when product inspected has demonstrated acceptable quality?
Yes -but...

If you are doing c=0, you are using a small sample size. If you are doing skip lot, you are taking this small sample less frequently. This can be a good decision, with a stable suppoier that you can trust to continue to supply you with good material. If for any reason the risk increases, be prepared to revisit your decision.

Geoff Withnell

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Established a c=0 "AQL" or "RQL" table AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
Douglas E. Purdy C=0 Sampling for Variable Characteristics Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
M Determining c=0 AQL numbers Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
R What to Report when Using C=0 Sampling Plan Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 15
G Sampling Plan according to SAE ARP9013 C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Q Definition C - What the "C" in C=0 Sample Plan means Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 10
M AS9100A (old revision) - Required C=0 sampling plans if sampling was used? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
S Justifying the AQL for a Zero (C=0) Acceptance Plan (Medical Device) AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 6
WCHorn AS9100 and Sampling - ANSI ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Conflict AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
V C=0 Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - Question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
A ANSI/ASQ Z1.4 tables for C=0 - Setting up a robust Sampling Inspection Scheme Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M c=0 Acceptance Sampling Plan similar to the N. Squeglia version Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C C=0 vs. AQL MIL Standard 105 E - Sampling Plans Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
P Why sample size for c=0 sampling plan reduces across the increases of AQL AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 2
L Please Explain Inspection Levels including C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Q C=0 Sampling Plan Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
T How to define c=0 Reject Rates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 14
V C=0 vs. ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 - Part Inspection Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A What is a good lot size? We use the C=0 Sampling plans at AQL %1.0 AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 9
R My C=0 sampling failed to detect parts are out of round Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 20
L What does "C" in C=0 mean? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
QChas The Source of "C=0 Sampling Plans Index Values (Associated AQLS)" AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 3
Marc Zero Acceptance Number Sampling Plan - C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
C Ansi/ASQ Z1.4 C=0 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C C=O puzzle - What protection does C=0 provide a supplier? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
G Has anyone heard of the Squeglia Zero (c=0) Acceptance Sampling Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
C MIL-STD-105E vs MIL-STD-1916 - Is 1916 the same as C=0? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 4
J Can I skip Payment Process audit for TS16949 Internal Audit? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T Skip Lot Sampling Plans (SkSP) - Oil for Trans Fatty Acid Content Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
M Standards Australia - AS1199.3 2003 Skip Lot inspection Criteria and Requirements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
V Skip Testing for Uniformity of Dosage Units & Dissolution US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
O PPAP Material and Performance Testing - Possible to skip? APQP and PPAP 3
P Skip Lot for product or for Supplier ? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
J ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2003 Sampling with Skip Lot Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
J Incoming Inspection Skip Lot - Industrial staples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
T ISO 2859-3 - Skip-lot sampling procedures - Unauthorized Inspection Frequency Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
C Sampling - Skip Lot - 20 ppm - What is your opinion of Skip Lot sampling? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
C Skip-Lot Testing and the FDA - Reduced Testing Plan for Raw Materials Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
A Skip Lot Inspection - What do we look at and when? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
M Skip Lot Sampling - How to Perform Skip-Lot and Chain Sampling Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
J Sample size definition in an Automotive SMT pilot lot run Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
D Supplied Product on Control Plan - Lot ranging in 40,000 pcs per product FMEA and Control Plans 3
Z Do we still have to put UDI if we have DI and lot number seperately on our product ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K FDA Lot Code format requirements Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R Documenting Expiration Date Extension for a specific lot ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Lot assignment for secondary reference standard - Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
N AS9100 8.5.1 j) - Lot splitting - any loopholes? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 11
S Is Lot Number required in addition to UDI serial number? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
I Lot or Batch definition for IVDs Imported Legacy Blogs 0