C4i - Control, Capability, Compliance and Continuous Improvement?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

E Wall

Just Me!
Super Moderator
Nope

Sorry...cannot recall anyting.

I tried a search on the web but only came up with information associated with C4I and Navy site which clearly has nothing to do with continuous improvment of quality systems.

Eileen

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep....have about 29 years years with C3I stuff. The computer stuff involves intigration of all the elements electronically.

Why?:confused:

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thought it might be a spinoff of a military initiative and now a Quality initiative??? Still seraching for info, will post if I find any.

gpainter

Came across this C4I = Control, Capability, Compliance and Continuous Improvement. But no other info as to if this is a new program/initiative by someone to make money to help Quality. Keep Searchi'n

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
gpainter said:
Has anyone any knowledge of something called C4I in association Continuous Improvement?
I was looking through some old threads and came upon this one.

gpainter - Where did you come across C4I?

All the searches I did gave me "Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence". Anyone have any other info?

gpainter

It has been awhile, but I believe it was something that Whirlpool is doing. Not 100% sure. Not sure of the sight that I found C4I at.

Last edited:
A

Atul Khandekar

Marc said:
All the searches I did gave me "Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence". Anyone have any other info?
I remember having tried a web search but came up with the same thing. The only fleeting reference I found was on Tom Pearson's site at http://www.reciprocalonline.com/dev/index.asp

"C" the difference in your business...
Some organizaitons talk about Control, Capability, Compliance, and Continuous Improvement (C4I). However, it is important to remember that there are levels of performance in each of these areas that define how an organizaiton will compete in its market. The overall rate at which an organization improves relative to its competition (their Capability Improvement Ratio) is critical to long term success.

gpainter

Atul is correct and that is where I saw it also. I now have seen the mention of C3I = Command, Control, Communications and Information. Just wanted more info,if anyone had first hand knowledge. Tom Pearson is a consultant working for Reciprocal and also has co-written a six sigma book "Wi$dom on the Green (Smarter Six Sigma Solutions).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Using electronic lab notebooks in the design control process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Process & Product Characteristic in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 17
D How to calculate the A4 constants in Median/Range control charts? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Nihls Quality Control Card for CMM's - How the control limits are to be calculated Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 1
M Change control on Tracking Sheet ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
K COPLANARITY: Composite profile tolerance on multiple surfaces- what does" lower dimensional reference frame tolerance" control? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
M Medical Device Marketing Material - Control of Social Media 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Does 4.5 - Alternative RISK CONTROL apply to the Particular Standards? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
H Control of Change i.e. process and WI IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
Sonja D AIAG VDA PFMEA and Control Plan training FMEA and Control Plans 6
F Quality Control in Electrical Calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
Z Why Control Limits are not the same depending on type of exclusion of data points Using Minitab Software 7
D Engineering Change order vs. Change Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Computer access, password control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
A How to control distribution list? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
A Control plan for IATF - example? FMEA and Control Plans 1
J ISO 9001:2015 Clause 8.5.1 Control of Production and service provision - Help with Work Instruction Access ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A Final quality control corrective actions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Training on the importance of Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
G How to implement H&S and Quality Control Requirements in Contract for Potential Supplier? Contract Review Process 6
D GAMP CAT 5 Change Control Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 9
D Use Error Risk Controls and Control Verification ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
S Maintenence related action in Control plan FMEA and Control Plans 3
M ISO 13485 and document control for programs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R Control Methods in Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 5
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 14
S TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) PIP 3:1 RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
S Use of Attributes Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
U Appraiser Out of Control Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Z AS9100 Control of Nonconforming Outputs - Rework Dispositions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
K Quality Control/Assurance in the Metal Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
K Defining risk control measures IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
J Warehouse temperature and humidity control EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Jimmy123 IATF16949 Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Control Number for Class III and IV devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
J Document Control Metrics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Controlling Expandable Forms in Paper-Based Document Control System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C UDI Questions on Control Units Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Quality Control Datasheets Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Control-self assessment Internal Auditing 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
A Prototype control plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
shimonv Document Control Procedure Header Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
W FMEA - Current control and occurrence rating FMEA and Control Plans 3