C4i - Control, Capability, Compliance and Continuous Improvement?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

E Wall

Just Me!
Trusted Information Resource
Nope

Sorry...cannot recall anyting.

I tried a search on the web but only came up with information associated with C4I and Navy site which clearly has nothing to do with continuous improvment of quality systems.

Eileen

Randy

Super Moderator
Yep....have about 29 years years with C3I stuff. The computer stuff involves intigration of all the elements electronically.

Why?:confused:

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thought it might be a spinoff of a military initiative and now a Quality initiative??? Still seraching for info, will post if I find any.

gpainter

Came across this C4I = Control, Capability, Compliance and Continuous Improvement. But no other info as to if this is a new program/initiative by someone to make money to help Quality. Keep Searchi'n

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
gpainter said:
Has anyone any knowledge of something called C4I in association Continuous Improvement?
I was looking through some old threads and came upon this one.

gpainter - Where did you come across C4I?

All the searches I did gave me "Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence". Anyone have any other info?

gpainter

It has been awhile, but I believe it was something that Whirlpool is doing. Not 100% sure. Not sure of the sight that I found C4I at.

Last edited:
A

Atul Khandekar

Marc said:
All the searches I did gave me "Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence". Anyone have any other info?
I remember having tried a web search but came up with the same thing. The only fleeting reference I found was on Tom Pearson's site at http://www.reciprocalonline.com/dev/index.asp

"C" the difference in your business...
Some organizaitons talk about Control, Capability, Compliance, and Continuous Improvement (C4I). However, it is important to remember that there are levels of performance in each of these areas that define how an organizaiton will compete in its market. The overall rate at which an organization improves relative to its competition (their Capability Improvement Ratio) is critical to long term success.

gpainter

Atul is correct and that is where I saw it also. I now have seen the mention of C3I = Command, Control, Communications and Information. Just wanted more info,if anyone had first hand knowledge. Tom Pearson is a consultant working for Reciprocal and also has co-written a six sigma book "Wi$dom on the Green (Smarter Six Sigma Solutions).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Control Excel template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
J Document Control of Online Management Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R 8.7 Control of Nonconforming Outputs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
W Document control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
S Control plan - Multiple batches Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
Q Control Plan and the frequency of sampling FMEA and Control Plans 11
A ISO 9001:2015 8.5.6 and 7.5.3 Document Control Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
qualprod Sheets into a spreadsheet document control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Rene Minassian Control of (TMME) Testing and Measurement Equipment Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
C Control Plan APQP and PPAP 7
D Control of Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
M Document Control - Applying Suitable Identification to Obsolete Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
L Control of Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
S Control plan for "highly automated processes" FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Document Control Question involving DocuSign US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
R SCORING OF MILLER MARITAL LOCUS OF CONTROL SCALE Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M Document Control ISO and FDA ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
M Design Control Procedure Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
D 8.5.1.2 Validation and control of special processes requirements for Heat Treat External Processor AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
R Humane Pest Control Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
B 8.5.1.1 Control Plan - question audit NC IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B QM Plan vs Control Plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
N AS 13004 Control Plan and AQL FMEA and Control Plans 1
R Does anyone use iQMS for their ISO based document control? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
qualprod Traceability with no rules to control labels? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Doubt about the correct control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
G Change Control for Test Samples Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
Z Change color or shape of individual data point in control chart Using Minitab Software 6
Z Setting the Control limits on Minitab Using Minitab Software 4
C Elaborating a control chart with skewed data Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
M Who is performing quality control? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Risk control through Information for safety ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
D Locking Control Limits and SPC Sample Sizes (AIAG/Automotive Requirements) Six Sigma 2
Q Control limits Six Sigma 6
J PFMEA/control plan question- PLEASE HELP ! IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
T Control of Nonconforming Material AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
G Control of Approved Supplier List (ASL) When Employees Make Purchases Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
dpenbert AS9100 7.5.3 - Manual Document Control AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Y FMEA link to Control Plan frequency and sample size FMEA and Control Plans 19
D Control chart selection of multiple batches review Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M Supplier Control for Unique Product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
L Unique Supplier Control Issue AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Help in document control procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
PQ Systems Understanding Capability and Control Charts Series Using SQCpack Software 0
PQ Systems Control Charts & Capability Analysis 101 Using SQCpack Software 0
D AS9100 Rev D - Clause 8.7 Control of Non conforming outputs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
S Linking control chart with control plan Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
T IEC 62304 : Risk control for SaMD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
N Change Control for processes & products Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
Q Change Control Numbering system Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7