Calculator for ASQ Exams - I can't use my TI-86 calculator for upcoming ASQ exams!

A

ashlin

Hi, I just found out I can't use my TI-86 calculator for upcoming ASQ exams because it has a secondary alpha key function. The TI-83 high school model has the same feature. Can someone recommend a good calcualtor with statistic features that is approved for ASQ exams. Thank you.
Rich

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
G

Graeme

:confused: I'm puzzled. Why would a shifted alpha key function make a calculator invalid for use in a certification exam?

I admit it has been a number of years since I took (10 yrs) or proctored (5 yrs) one of the ASQ exams so the rules may have changed. But the main restriction that I recall was that a calculator could not be programmable or have any stored program modules or memory cards, and any memory had to be erased. It also had to be a "calculator", not a "computer" - that would rule out laptops and palm-type handheld computers.

Do you have a reference to the source of this restriction? (document or policy)

A

ashlin

Here is a reference to the policy, it's on page 7.
http://www.asq.org/cert/types/cqt/cqt.pdf
It says :If you bring an alphabetic keyboard calculator into the exam room, it will confiscated by the proctor, and returned after the exam."
I have emailed ASQ to get clarification on using a calculator that has a secondary alpha function, and it appears it's taboo also.
I suggested they change the wording on the restriction to state 'primary or secondary alpha function".
Regards,
Rich

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gard2372 Approved Statistical Calculator for ASQ Certification Exams Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
gard2372 Good Statistics Calculator for ASQ Certification Exams Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
R ANSI/ASQ Z1.9 on-line acceptability calculator Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 4
Govind Did you know about ASQ Membership value Assessment Calculator? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 5
Govind ASQ Membership Value Assessment Calculator ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
A IAF MD 5 - Audit Days calculator General Auditing Discussions 2
M Informational Work in progress at the FDA for biological evaluation – Color Hazard and RISk calculator (CHRIS) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
bobdoering SPC Charting frequency calculator for X hi/lo chart Imported Legacy Blogs 0
M Classifying Software - Insulin Calculator EU Medical Device Regulations 13
J Audit days calculator based on Rules 4th IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Free iPhone app - Screw Thread Calculator After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
B Tolerance Calculator Based on R&R Results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A Scale Error Calculator wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Audit Duration and Risk Calculator General Auditing Discussions 7
Marc US Dollar Inflation Calculator Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
V Risk Assessment using the BITS Calculator IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
J Production Planning Calculator Software - Reviews and Recommendations wanted Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Score Calculator for WORLD CUP of 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
O LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Formula for Calculator Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
C Excel Uncertainty Calculator wanted Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 9
D How to use the Supplier Rating Calculator Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Stijloor Life expectancy calculator Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
Q Is my Cpk calculator answer valid? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
C A TAKT time calculator The Reading Room 11
U Free calculator for SPC & MSA Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
U Free Data Analysis Check Sheet & Calculator Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
A How to Calculate Standard Deviation using Casio fx-95 MS Calculator? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
Ajit Basrur Air Changes Calculator which calculates total number of Air Changes in Cleanroom ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
G ROI (Return On Investment) Calculator Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Sidney Vianna Continual decline of ASQ - can it be saved? Nov 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 15
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
Q ASQ/ANSI Z1.4–2003 (R2018) Change Log? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
D ASQ CMQ/OE Certification - Share your thoughts ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
T ASQ Lean 6sigma BB examination Six Sigma 3
R ASQ, CQI,............where else ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C AS9100 rev D 8.5.1 c 2 - Defining the Machine in-process frequency per ANSI/ASQ Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Sidney Vianna ASQ apparently doesn't know ISO does not issue ISO 9001 certificates? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4