Calibrate temperature on refrigerated Centrifuges?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Welcome to the Cove!

Generally we consider centrifuges as non-critical systems. Most applications are not sensitive to the RPM, temperature, and/or time; as the results are verified for final result.

However, as part of maintenance verification we will verify the temperature (if the centrifuge has refrigeration). Generally we'll check to ±2°C.

We use a wire thermocouple on a digital thermometer to perform the check. It's only 2 to 1 accuracy ratio, but again, we're just checking for proper operation; not accuracy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Controlling Temperature and Time - Do I need to calibrate the thermostat? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
A Looking for a third party to calibrate our measure equipment - South Carolina General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
I Can I Calibrate On Demand? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
S Calibrating our own equipment, can we? Micrometers to calibrate vernier calipers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
F Crimper Calibration - How do you Control & Calibrate your crimpers? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 13
P How to Calibrate a HP 3458A Digital Multimeter with Fluke 5080A calibrator General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B Choosing not to calibrate (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
K New Kilogram - The process we use to calibrate the standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
D How to Calibrate any Digital Sphygmomanometer under use for 2 years in a Hospital Forum News and General Information 1
L Re-calibrate after software update? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
J To Calibrate or not to calibrate electronics rack components Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
T How to Calibrate Taper Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B Can we calibrate a standard pin with a gauge? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Lesser expensive to calibrate various test weights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A How to Calibrate Laser Beam Tester & Radiation Monitor General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D How to Calibrate and Verify a Heating Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P How do you calibrate a VNA (Vector Network Analyzer) cal kit? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
V How to Calibrate Ring Force Gauges Service Industry Specific Topics 1
bobdoering Who says you can't calibrate a steel rule! Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 14
S How can I Calibrate a Biosafety Cabinet? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C How to Calibrate a Viscosity Tester General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
0 Is it possible to use a threaded ring gage to calibrate the M8 gage? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
C How to Calibrate a Medical Infrared Thermometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T How do I calibrate NPT Thread Plug Gages? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
E Do you need a Certification to Calibrate Gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B Calibrate Hole Presence Detection Device? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J What do you use to Calibrate 40" Calipers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
A Guideline to Calibrate Chamber Temp. & Pressure of a Medical Steam Sterilizer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S How to calibrate AOI (Automated Optical Inspection) for IOPQ Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
S Laboratory to Calibrate Objective Micrometer needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
C Tolerance Estimation of a Load Cell I want to Calibrate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
D Procedure on How to Calibrate a External Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
B ISO/TS 16949 Section 7.6.3 - Use of Manufacturer to Calibrate IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
W How to verify/calibrate a Neptune Water Meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Laboratory that is able to Calibrate Dew Point Meter up to 60?Cdp - Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C How to Calibrate and Verify Torque Multiplier Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C How to calibrate or control patterns for fiberglass General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Scale with Internal Calibration - Do I need to calibrate? How to document this? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 8
I Need help finding an Accredited Lab that can Calibrate Brunson 76-RH Survey Transits General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D How much Tolerance do I use to Calibrate a 150kgs capacity Scale? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M To Calibrate or Not to Calibrate various Weight Scales ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
N Thermocouple Inhomogeneity - Need to calibrate a roll of 50m thermocouple type K General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J Calibrate before use required? Inspection Gages and Measurement Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
R Traceability for Mercury Argon Calibration Source to Calibrate a Spectrometer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
P How to Calibrate Laser Micrometer when no Calibration Company in the Country? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
S 3 Point Calibration or Calibrate to Extreme High and Low? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
C Seeking a holder/jig to calibrate large OD micrometer calipers (up to 23") General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Is it OK to calibrate a measurement device tighter than manufacturer specifications? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 18
B Difference between Calibration & Verification and How to calibrate Go/No Go gauge? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
W ASTM Spec or what standard is used to calibrate calipers? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2