Calibration Key Performance Indicator

B

BizPro

Hello,

1. The number of gauges found out of tolerance when being calibrated. When this happens this triggers performing a corrective action (if the equipment is used to control, monitor, or final inspect product). If equipment is found to be out of tolerance than you need to determine when the equipment was within calibrated range, if there is a quality escape (non-conforming product shipped to customers), and if customer notification is required.

I think this is a very good KPI which again is just an indicator of the entire "Measuring and Monitoring of Equipment" process. I believe tracking the equipment that is past "calibration", is slightly window dressing unless you have a serious issue with your recall system. Not trying to put this one down, but if you are required to do something, do something that will actually be beneficial to the company.

cutsdean

Involved In Discussions
It is a requirement driven from AS9100 and according to our management systems guys, we need one. They have put a KPI in place but it is not really effective. I am looking for possible suggestions.

J

Joy

Why selecting KPI, please consider following
1.What is the objective of the process
2.What is internal customer needs
3.What is management needs
4.and some times customer needs.

For point # 1.to establish measurement confidence, may be how accurately measuring devices are calibrated.Can it be measured?

For other points,we already received many ideas.

Top Bottom