Calibration Lab Requirements for QS-9000 (TS also?)

J

JerryStem

Calibration lab reqts for QS9000 (TS also?)

I am the QM of a calibration company that services QS9000 (and I guess this TS???? that I hadn't heard of) companies.

My question is, what does the latest version say about calibration lab services? I am ISO Guide 25 accredited. Can they still use OEM services? (We are the only accredited lab for coating/plating thickness measurement calibrations that we have found.)

Any help, thanks...

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

The latest version of which standard/specification?

You have mentioned ISO/QS/TS?

I don't see how the standard/specification would matter if you are ISO Guide 25 (new 17025?) Accredited.

From which firm did you earn the accreditation and when?

I ask this as we are also seeking to set up our own cal/lab in the future and need all the help we can get!

ASD...

J

JerryStem

I'm sorry if I was unclear. I was wondering about the latest version of QS9000 (2000? 1997?) and it's requirements for calibration labs. I understood that after 2/2001, all outside calibrations had to be performed by an ISO Guide 25 accredited lab. OEM was not good enough if not accredited to Guide 25 or 17025?

Am I wrong in this? (I am Guide 25 by A2LA for calibrations, specifically coating/plating thickness measurement by X-Ray, Eddy Current, Beta Backscatter, and Linear Voltage methods).

Also, I mentioned the newer TS number because I'm not familiar with it........

Jerry Stem

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Supplier Lab Requirements/Calibration Services QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
S How many of you are using Robotic process automation for calibration lab management? ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
S The procedure for replicate check in calibration lab as per ISO 17025 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Is it mandatory for a Calibration Lab to be ISO 17025 accredited? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
R (OOT) Measurement Equipment after the calibration at a third Party lab General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
SATHYABALARAMAN Calibration Laboratory vs. Standards Lab Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
N Calibration Lab unable to issue Accredited Certificate when error is too high? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
K Calibration & Testing Lab here in the States - RA Audit - Wow! General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
S Setting up a Scale Calibration Service lab - Where to start? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
C Setting up Pressure Calibration In-House Lab General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
S FDA guidelines for Calibration Lab needed US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
C Wabash Press Calibration - Lab-sized Wasbash Presses General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D ISO/TS16949 Internal Calibration Lab need to include Production Equipments IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
J Industry Standard for turning in gages to the Calibration Lab? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Applying principles of lean to a calibration lab? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
R In-house Calibration and still maintain my "we do not have a lab" status? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
D ISO/IEC 17025 required for a calibration lab to be ISO certified? ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
A Looking for Calibration Lab's on Reynosa, Mexico ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J Calibration lab reqts for QS9000 (TS also?) QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
K Dimensional Lab (CMM Room) vs. Physical Test/Calibration Lab - Same required temp/hum General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
T Temperature Requirements For In House Calibration - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
B Gage calibration frequency, ISO and IATF - What are the requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 3
Crimpshrine13 Laboratory Scope - Calibration vs. Test Methods - IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
Crimpshrine13 Calibration of pH Meter Probe Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
F ESD workbench "calibration" Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
C Correct Calibration Method for Dial Depth Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
F Nist traceable calibration certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
G Tool tracebility and First calibration requirements for aerospace (AS9100) organisation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Calibration of Digital thermometer with surface probe General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
T Calibration or Verification -> Cm and Cmk, etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
Q Quality Technician (calibration / metrology) - Memphis, TN Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
G Is repeatability required for equipment calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
was named killer AS 9100D - Calibration Instructions - Controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Photovoltaic Tester Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Ron Rompen Barcode Verifier Calibration and Use Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Calibration of Power Supplies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Calibration of Plug Gauges - Tolerancing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
J Documenting a Calibration Interval Extension Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7