Calibration Method According to ISO Guide 25

M

MRANGEL

calibration method according iso guide-25

Hello I´m working in a calibration company trying to get ISO guide-25 acreditation in mexico and I would like to know if somebody can help to define a calibration method, it means if somebody could tell me which information I must include or if I can get an example from some internet site.

Thanks

M.Rangel
Reynosa, Mexico.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
If I understand your question correctly, you would like a standard which defines how to write calibration methods (procedures). National Conference of Standards Laboratories is located at NCSL-HQ.org , and has available for sale a set of recommended practices for operation of a calibration laboratory, including how to write calibration methods (among other areas). I have long used their recommended practices.

------------------

J

JerryStem

As far as a method of calibrating, I believe you can make your own as well, especially if there isn't any readily available method for what you do (ASTM, etc...)

(We are also accredited Guide 25 and used the ASTM methods available, supplemented with our own.)

Jerry

R

Ryan Wilde

(Back on my soapbox)

Since you are going through ISO Guide 25/17025 accreditation, it is VERY important that you realize that when the standard mentions 'Method', it is just that - a method, such as contact comparison. When it mentions 'Procedure' it is your written procedure that you use to follow the method. If you are writing procedures, then the NCSL-I RP-3 is wonderful, and your assessor will recognize the layout of your procedure. The procedure should, whenever possible, reference where you obtained the method.

Example: Gauge blocks - You write a local procedure for calibrating gauge blocks, and you have a nice table citing the tolerances. Let's say that you obtained these tolerances from ISO 3650. You should state after the table "Tolerances from ISO 3650, Page X, Table Y.". This will allow your assessor to know that you didn't pull tolerances and methods out of a hat.

/Soapbox

Ryan

D

David D Stauffer

MRangle, Just so happens, I have procedures and work instructions for over 70 gages and measuring instruments. If interested, e-mail me: [email protected]
ps they have already passed ISO audits and comply with qs9000.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Dosimeter Calibration Method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
L ISO 17025 Para. 5.4.5 - Method (Calibration Procedure) Validation Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
C One Inch Micrometer Calibration Method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Fixed Point Temperature Cells Calibration Method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Calibration Method of Dial Thermometer Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
K Validation of an Analytical Method that relies on Multi-Variate Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
A Calibration Method and Measurement Uncertainty General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
D Calibration Process - What do they mean by "Check Method"? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
T ISO 17025 Clause 5.4.2 - Calibration and Test Method Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
D Calibration Method for Small Surface Plates (6" x 6") General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
M Sorvall 100S Centrifuge Calibration - SOP (Method and Procedure) Needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
Q Does this calibration method of a specific fixture make sense? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Mohammed Gouda Calibration of Load Cells in devices by a comparison method General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
S NPT Thread Calibration Method - NPT Taper Thread Plug Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
B Method for Calibration of Thread Plug Gauges General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
V Calibration method for a Neptune 10 Water Meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Planekator Calibration Method Details - Calibration of a Surface Plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
V Internal Scale and Balance Calibration Method Tolerances and Limits General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Basis for Calibration Method and Intervals (Frequency) - FAA approved repair station Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 10
Icy Mountain ISO/TS 16949 Compliant Calibration Method - Laboratory Calibration Levels IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
K Calibration method for Torque Wrench & AC gas leakage Tester General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
T Anyone have an example of a calibration method validation procedure? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Ron Rompen Barcode Verifier Calibration and Use Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 4
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Calibration of Power Supplies AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Calibration of Plug Gauges - Tolerancing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
J Documenting a Calibration Interval Extension Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
B Oscilloscope - AC gain calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Is it common to do a repeatability check during calibration of an instrument? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Adjustment of Calibration Intervals (Shortening or Lengthen) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
A Calibration required by OEM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S ISO17020 - Equipment calibration requirement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
H Calibration of InfraRan Vapor Analyzer - where to get calibration for SF6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Calibration Frequency for Surftest SJ-400 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
C External Laboratories and OEM Calibration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
V Ammeter calibration - Measuring head (on pic.) problem General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
F How many signatures do we need on calibration certificates? ISO 17025 related Discussions 8