Calibration Method and Measurement Uncertainty

A

ACE_LLL

I have been reading through posts on validating calibration methods, etc but I am still running into a wall on few things. In order to attain the 17025 certification;
1. Do we need to run each of our procedures through a protocol and record all measurement of uncertainty information?
2. For the uncertainty measurement; do we have to use a combination of type A and type B for uncertainty or can you use one method?
3. Regarding previously validated procedures; can anyone provide a link to a couple of those?
4. Do we need to reference previously validated procedures in our current procedures or is it best to use those already validated and just run the uncertainty tests?

Thanks!

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
I have been reading through posts on validating calibration methods, etc but I am still running into a wall on few things. In order to attain the 17025 certification;
1. Do we need to run each of our procedures through a protocol and record all measurement of uncertainty information?
2. For the uncertainty measurement; do we have to use a combination of type A and type B for uncertainty or can you use one method?
3. Regarding previously validated procedures; can anyone provide a link to a couple of those?
4. Do we need to reference previously validated procedures in our current procedures or is it best to use those already validated and just run the uncertainty tests?

Thanks!

For number 1, you do need to record calibration information. Retention is documented under the quality system.
Number 2, both are required for a valid uncertainty number. You may experience some occasions when only one is available, but those are rare.
Number 3, I would start at www.gidep.org
Number 4, you can do that either way, depending on your needs.
Hope this helps.

N

newcleus

One of the best ways to validate your calibration and MU method is to participate in a proficiency test scheme.

Top Bottom