Calibration of an OHaus Triple Beam Scale

G

Grizz1345

Triple Beam Scale

I am looking for a source of information for the calibration of an OHaus Triple Beam Scale. I need to find out about specs and equipment needed to do a full calibration traceable to NIST. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
This isn't my specialty area. But I'll give you what I can.

For this type calibration, there are three possible resources I could suggest.

1. GIDEP (Government Industry Data Exchange Program). You may NOT be able to use this one. It consists of a very large library of military calibration procedures. If your company is a government contractor, you may be able to get this. It's free, but you can only access if you have govt contracts.

2. ASTM Procedures. I believe there are a wide array of standard procedures for many mechanical/dimensional calibrations available from them for a cost.

3. NIST. National Institute of Standards & Technology has some documents for some calibrations. I don't know if this particular need is covered by documents they have.

Maybe some of the other folks more experienced in this discipline can fill in better details.

R

Ryan Wilde

There is a few GIDEP procedures for the Ohaus triple beams, and if your specific model isn't listed, they are easily adapted to your balance.

Ryan

G

Grizz1345

Thanks for the tip on GIDEP. I had searched there before using triple beam and got nothing. Using OHAUS I found exactly what I needed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A AS9100 - 7.1.5.2 In-House Calibration AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
B UV-A and Illuminance meter Calibration Setup General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S Calibration Related Posters General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
F Quality Control in Electrical Calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 0
C Narrow definition of IMTE or calibration possible? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
dhuot1990 In-House Calibration Program - Biotech Industry General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Reference part calibration or verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
M Calibration of equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
Q Gage calibration / tracking software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
C Should resolution be included in uncertainty budget for digital caliper or micrometer calibration? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
S Calibration Due date-Critical Connie General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
Q Request Calibration Info Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 16
R Calibration Log - Archive Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
U Calculate acceptance of equipment reading after calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Question on Documented Calibration versus ISO 17025 Accredited Calibration ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
U Calculate acceptance of calibration reading Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
D Air hood calibration ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Ground Bond Test for Class I Medical Electrical Equipment - calibration problems IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
E Calibration/Verification Report Durometer ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
J Scrap Material Scale Calibration Required? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
K Is Calibration Required for Non-Adjustable Commercial Inspection Devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
F Calibration in GPC/SEC General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Q Changing calibration frequency Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 18
M IATF 16949 SI # 10: Integrated self-calibration of measurement equipment- Needs for explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Storing Calibration Certificate Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Risk analysis for defective measuring or measuring equipment out of calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Placing a calibration sticker with someone other than your initials Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
J IATF 16949 Calibration/Verification records question ISO 26262 - Road vehicles – Functional safety 6
M Approval of Calibration Certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
lanley liao Question regarding the calibration of monitoring and measure equipment. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
N IATF Calibration Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
Q Do these certificates of calibration meet ISO 9001 requirements for traceability to NIST? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
T Plug Gage Calibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
M Load Cell Calibration using a totalizer on a flow meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
E Calibration Records needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D Limited Range Calibration - 5000 lb Industrial floor scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Calibration of Small Scales General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 32
C How to Establish the Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I IQOQ or just initial calibration required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Calibration in real life ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Is calibration of test weight required General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Calibration Frequency for Slip Gauge Kit used for CMM Calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S Calibration/Verification of customer fixtures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Ron Rompen Calibration by manufacturer ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
Q Calibration verification records 7.1.5.2.1 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B AS9100D 7.1.5.2 Calibration or Verification Method using outside cal lab AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
W Next Calibration Due Date Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5