Calibration Requirements - SNC (National Systems of Calibration) accreditation?

A

ateqqro

QS requirements

Hi,

I work for ATEQ Corp in Mexico and part of my work is to calibrate our instruments (ATEQ)in several companies down here in Mexico, some of these companies are automotive. The quality department from one of those asked me if we have SNC(National systems of calibration)acreditation. My question is:

If I am the manufacturer of my instruments, and I am ISO 9000 certificated, should I have SNC acreditation?
In what part of QS9000 said something about this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
QS requires your lab to be Guide 25 accredited or compliant to a national equivalent. As I understand it, ISO900x registration is not 'enough'.

There was a 'postponement' of the requirement of the Guide 25 accredited (or 'registration' or certification or whatever) for a year I think because there weren't enough accredited labs.

Also see:
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000052.html
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000086.html
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000098.html
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000089.html
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000085.html

D

dewie

Even "NOTE" in QS9000 is just for guidance, refer to 'QS Requirements' page2, "NOTE" under 4.11.2.b.1 quotes that
"Where a qualified laboratory does not exist for a given piece of equipment, calibration services may be performed by the original equipment manufacturer." I think this might match your situation.
However, to be an accredited lab is more match.

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
A lab with ISO9002 with guide 25 in its scope has been formally accepted as "a qualified lab" according to QS experts I know and respect. I see this often, and have done implementations for cal labs using this, and have had ZERO issues with their automotive clients.

Naturally the perferred is an auditor with calibration/G25 experience...but not required

[This message has been edited by barb butrym (edited 22 October 1999).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
E Calibration Certificate Content Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
E ISO 9001:2015 - Record requirements for out of calibration tool ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
G Calibration: Conforming to ISO9001 Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S ISO 17025 Requirements for Mobile On-site Calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
eternal_atlas Section 7.8.4 Specific requirements for calibration certificates ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
T In house Calibration? Measurement equipment traceability requirements - ISO9001 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
J Calibration Justification - Requirements for Measurement with a Calibrated Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
E IATF 16949 Cl. 7.1.5.2.1 - Calibration and Verification Records Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B IATF 16949 - 7.1.5.3.1 Internal calibration laboratory requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
S Clarification of threaded ring gage calibration procedure/requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Calibration Records Requirements for all the Calibrations and Verifications we do General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D AMS 2750E - Digital Instrument Calibration Accuracy Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L ISO 17025 Para. 5.4.5 - Method (Calibration Procedure) Validation Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
T ISO 9001 Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 27
Raffy ISO 13485 NIST Traceability requirements for calibration of test equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R AS9100 Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
C Black Oxide Gage Pin Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M ISO17025 Testing Laboratory Equipment Calibration Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
P ISO 9001 Requirements for ISO 17025 Accredited Calibration Laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
R TUS Sensors in AMS2750 Calibration Requirements Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 12
T Gage Block Calibration Requirements question General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 19
D Calibration requirements for New Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
S Auditing TS 16949 Cl. 7.6.3.1 - Internal Calibration Laboratory Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
P Clause 5.10.4.3 - Calibration Report Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Calibration Requirements for AS9100 Rev C Calibration Frequency (Interval) 5
L Flat Surface Granite Table Calibration Requirements Calibration Frequency (Interval) 16
M ISO 13485 Calibration Supplier Evaluation Requirements question Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
K Calibration Requirements for Thread and Ring Gages AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
W Calibration and Measuring Device Labeling Requirements Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
K ASME BPVC (Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code) Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
N ISO 17025 Requirements for Environmental Conditions for In-House Calibration ISO 17025 related Discussions 5
S Purchase Order requirements Gage Blocks sent out for Calibration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R Calibration Requirements for Employee Owned Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
B Mecury-in-Glass Thermometer Calibration Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S AMS 2750 - Instrumentation Calibration Requirements Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
S Calibration/Certification requirements for an Incoming Inspection Fixture Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Y Calibration Frequency Requirements of Liquid in Glass Thermometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C 21 CFR Part 820 - Question About Calibration Procedure Content Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
P Resolution Requirements on Calibration Certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
A Calibration Requirements after Exceeding the Calibration Due Date General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
C Micrometer Parallelism and Flatness Calibration Requirements and Specs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
I ADR (Automatic Data Recorder) Calibration Requirements Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 2
R ISO 17025 M&TE (Measuring & Test Equipment) Calibration Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
T ISO 17025 Clause 5.4.2 - Calibration and Test Method Requirements ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
L Selection Requirements for Non-Manufacturer Calibration Laboratory General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Identification of Calibration Status - ISO 9001 Clause 7.6c Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Calibration Requirements in Organizations Providing Engineering Services General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J AS9100C Calibration System Compliance Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8