SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Calibration tolerance question using Pipettes

duff999

Involved In Discussions
Hi All

I have a question on how to determine the tolerance on the calibration certificate I got back from the folks who do our Pipette calibration. In short, I had 2 that showed a failure on the As Found data. I am trying to determine if there is a standard tolerance level for the Pipettes, or some general guidelines.

The Max volume was 20, 2 low 20 high. My reading came back at 2.29 for low, 20.26 high. I just don't know how to calculate the tolerance here. Any help would be appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
The tolerance is given by the manufacturer for specific brand/model of pipette. Alternatively, you can consider ISO 8655 tolerances and in your situation it is 0.4ul. Your reading came back within acceptable readings 2+.4ul, 20+.4ul. Hope this helps you to understand.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Electric 0-8" Caliper Calibration Tolerance Question. General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
WEAVER Electronic Weighing Scale Calibration Tolerance Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
I Determining Calibration Tolerance of a Measurement Device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
G Assigning a calibration tolerance - An x-y coordinate machine - Uncertainty as my verification tolerance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Feeler Gauge Calibration - What tolerance is used for calibrating feeler gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Calibration of Pressure Gauge, How to Determine Calibration Tolerance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
A Calibration tolerance for data logger General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Calibration and Tolerance Ranges of Pressure Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
K Calibration Standards - Master weight having more tolerance than our gram scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
T Calibration Laboratory Temperature/Humidity goes out of tolerance due to Power Loss General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
H Determining Calibration Tolerance for new Leak and Occlusion Equipment Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
C Out of Calibration vs. Out of Tolerance - Calibration Definitions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
H Is there ISO 13485 Guidance for Calibration Tolerance? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
M Out of Tolerance Calibration Report Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M Calibration Problem - Range of Use, Calibration Acceptance Tolerance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
B Calibration Accuracy vs. Gage/Part Tolerance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
N Universal/International Symbol for Tolerance and/or Calibration Levels? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
B Tolerance for Digital Indicator Calibration - Machinists Indicators General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Setting Calibration Tolerance on Gauges - Oven Calibration and Stepped Plug Gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
F Accuracy of calibration relationship to tolerance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Calibration - Out of Tolerance - Trace Back System General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
M Calibration System - Finding Product Made with Out of Tolerance Torque Drivers General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
E Calibration/Verification Report Durometer ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
S Medical device equipment calibration Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
J Scrap Material Scale Calibration Required? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
S 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
K Is Calibration Required for Non-Adjustable Commercial Inspection Devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
F Calibration in GPC/SEC General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Q Changing calibration frequency Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 18
M IATF 16949 SI # 10: Integrated self-calibration of measurement equipment- Needs for explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Storing Calibration Certificate Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
B Risk analysis for defective measuring or measuring equipment out of calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S Placing a calibration sticker with someone other than your initials Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
J IATF 16949 Calibration/Verification records question ISO 26262 - Road vehicles – Functional safety 5
M Approval of Calibration Certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
lanley liao Question regarding the calibration of monitoring and measure equipment. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 3
N IATF Calibration Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
Q Do these certificates of calibration meet ISO 9001 requirements for traceability to NIST? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
T Plug Gage Calibration Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
M Load Cell Calibration using a totalizer on a flow meter General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
E Calibration Records needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D Limited Range Calibration - 5000 lb Industrial floor scale General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Calibration of Small Scales General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 32
C How to Establish the Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I IQOQ or just initial calibration required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Calibration in real life ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Is calibration of test weight required General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
S Calibration Frequency for Slip Gauge Kit used for CMM Calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S Calibration/Verification of customer fixtures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6